(TORONTO) – Precision engineering. Exquisite craftsmanship. And legendary attention to quality, detail, and satisfaction all at a starting MSRP of $83,050. These qualities are found in every Lexus luxury vehicle – but achieve their ultimate expression in the LS 460 flagship luxury sedan.
“For 2012, Lexus unites elegant styling, outstanding performance and remarkable ride quality that sets the LS 460 apart from all other prestige sedans,” said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director, Lexus in Canada. “Our guests will also delight in the newly available Sportech Package, which enhances the LS 460 all-wheel-drive model with a remarkable suite of advanced, people-focused technology and unique sporty design cues – and an enhanced long-wheelbase LS 460 with all-wheel-drive and an impressive suite of additional comfort, convenience and luxury features over last year’s model.”
What’s New for 2012:
- The LS 460 AWD may be ordered with an available Sportech Package, featuring upgraded steering and suspension systems, additional airbags, power adjustable rear seats, dynamic radar cruise control, and more, plus a unique grille and full skirt package.
- The LS 460 L AWD now includes, as standard, power adjustable rear seats, premium leather seat surfaces, escaine headliner, additional airbags, wood and leather console box, advanced pre-collision system, lane keeping assist and more.
Power and performance
The 2012 Lexus LS 460 delivers exhilarating power from its highly advanced 4.6L V8. Carefully built and individually tuned by expert craftsmen, this 32 valve dual overhead cam powerhouse features Variable Valve Timing with intelligence. The exhaust cam is hydraulically operated while the intake cam is electrically-driven, adjusting valve timing for optimum performance, fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
In the rear-wheel-drive LS 460 RWD, this engine generates a peak 380 horsepower and up to 367 lb-ft of torque, while in the all-wheel-drive LS 460 AWD and LS 460 L AWD models it delivers peak performance of 357 HP and 344 lb-ft of torque. Additional engine systems contribute to performance and efficiency – including the Acoustic Control Induction System, Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence, Direct Injection System with Dual Knock Sensors, and Two-way Direct Cylinder and Port Injection System – and all models enjoy a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
All models feature an eight-speed automatic super electronically controlled transmissions with overdrive, sequential multi-mode shifter and transmission cooler to deliver quick, smooth acceleration and optimum performance. This combination also delivers remarkable fuel efficiency for a flagship sedan: 10.8 L / 100 KM city/highway combined in the rear-wheel-drive edition, and 11.3 L / 100 KM in all-wheel-drive models.
Every LS 460 is standard equipped with a stainless steel exhaust system and dual integrated chrome tailpipe diffusers.
Handling and Control
The LS 460 features highly responsive and efficient rack and pinion electric power steering, plus available Variable Gear Ratio Steering, which delivers exceptional response and handling at all speeds.
Handling and control is optimized with the state of the art Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system. VDIM uses information from computer-linked sensors to detect a skid or slide and takes corrective action through subtle adjustments to steering, braking and throttle. In this way, the LS 460 anticipates and helps correct for potential instability.
The LS 460’s carefully engineered suspension help maintain vehicle stability during acceleration and manoeuvring, even as it provides a smooth, comfortable in-cabin experience. At the front, an independent multi-link suspension system features coil springs and stabilizer bar. The front suspension has been designed with anti-dive and anti-squat geometry. Meanwhile, the rear suspension – also an independent, multi-link design – is equipped with gas shocks, coil springs and a stabilizer bar. Both suspensions are built around special anti-vibration subframes.
LS 460 guests may opt for options packages that enhance the vehicle’s suspension systems, including air suspensions and a sport tuned suspension. In addition, computer-controlled front and rear Adaptive Variable Suspensions are available on some packages, letting drivers select from a range of suspension characteristics to suit road surfaces and driving desires.
The LS 460 is standard-equipped with P235/50R18 all season tires, including a full-size spare.
The 2012 Lexus LS 460 delivers advanced safety for driver, passengers, and those who share the road:
- Every LS 460 is standard equipped with a full suite of Lexus active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. These include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System with electronic brakeforce distribution and Brake Assist enhancements, and Lexus Smart Stop technology;
- Every LS 460 surrounds driver and passengers in a suite of eight airbags, including driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front+rear side curtain airbags. The LS 460 L AWD adds two rear seat side airbags as standard, bringing its standard suite to 10;
- The LS 460’s carefully engineered body structure helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident;
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes;
- Three point lap and shoulder belts in all five seating positions, including pretensioners and force limiters for front and rear seats, plus power adjustable shoulder belt anchors for front seat occupants;
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system;
- All LS 460s feature the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting System, which helps provide a full, well-lit view of the road at night, especially while cornering, plus the auto levelling headlamp system, fog lamps, and high-visibility, fast acting and long lasting LED rear tail lamps plus high mount rear stop lamp;
- Rain sensing wipers;
- An onboard first aid kit;
- And more.
The LS 460 caters to every need of its occupants, ensuring they want for nothing. The contemporary, functional and luxurious interior is enhanced a generous suite of convenience and style features, including:
- A 450-watt, 19-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system with AM/FM/CD player with mp3/WMA audio capability; six-disc DVD changer; 5.1-channel speaker architecture; auxiliary audio and USB inputs; the Automatic Sound Levelizer system; Bluetooth connectivity; the Radio Data System; Integrated XM Satellite Radio, steering wheel-mounted audio system controls; and more;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with dust, pollen and odour filter, soft-touch heater controls, and rear seat heater ducts;
- Seating for five adults with premium leather seat surfaces; climate-control front seats, including a 16-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 12-way power adjustable front passeger’s seat; a three-setting driver’s seat memory system and passenger seat memory system;
- Power door locks with key lockout protection; the Lexus Smart Key System with one wallet-sized Smart Card key and Push Button Start;
- Power windows with up/down function and variable speed control for all windows, water repellent front door glass, high solar energy-absorbing window glass and a power rear window sunshade;
- A full suite of advanced instrumentation, including electronic analogue gauges with thin film transistor multifunction display; tachometer; outside temperature gauge; digital clock; and more;
- Voice activated hard-disc based navigation system with integrated back-up camera;
- The Lexus Advanced Parking Guidance System and Intuitive Parking Assist;
- A luxurious interior featuring a heated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob;
- Power tilting/telescoping steering column with memory linked to driver’s seat memory system;
- An auto-dimming rear view mirror and dual illuminated vanity mirrors;
- Thoughtful storage, including a front centre console box, front seat back pockets, interior trunk access/pass through, front and rear cup holders, a cargo net, and more;
- A 12-volt accessory power outlet and retained accessory power;
- Cruise control;
- HomeLink universal transceiver;
- A power fuel lid release;
- Anti-theft system with engine immobilizer;
- 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks;
- Dual electro-chromatic, power adjustable and heated, reverse auto-tilting side view mirrors linked to driver’s seat memory, featuring integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps;
- An elegant exterior, featuring a power tilt moon roof with sunshade and front hood clear protection film;
- Crystal projector headlamps with headlamp washers;
- Variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers with a windshield wiper de-icer;
- And more.
Available Models and Packages
The 2012 Lexus LS 460 is available in three models:
In addition to equipment already mentioned, the LS 460 RWD features: heated rear seats; a power-assisted trunk closer and high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps.
- The LS 460 RWD may be ordered with an available Sport Package, which adds: Paddle shifters; Variable Gear Ratio Steering; Front and rear air suspension; Front and rear Adaptive Variable Suspension; Sport tuned suspension; 19” aluminum alloy wheels with locks and P245/45R19 performance summer radials with a full-size spare tire; high-performance Brembo brake callipers, rotors and brake pads; the Lexus Pre-Collision System; Front sport seats with leather seat surfaces; Dynamic radar cruise control; power assist doors and an automatic, powered opening/closing trunk; a rear lip spoiler and front chin spoiler; a unique front sport grille; and the Lexus Automatic High Beam feature.
The LS 460 AWD adds the confidence of all-wheel-drive, plus heated rear seats; a power-assisted trunk closer and high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps. Guests may also order this model with a choice of two options packages:
- The Technology Package adds: Variable Gear Ratio Steering; Front and rear air suspension; Front and rear Adaptive Variable Suspension; the Lexus Pre-Collision System; dynamic radar cruise control; rear seat side airbags; heated and air conditioned, power adjustable reclining rear seats; the Lexus Rear Seat Memory System with one memory setting; a rear seat massage system; power assist doors and an automatic, powered opening/closing trunk; and the Lexus Automatic High Beam feature.
- The Sportech Package adds all items in the Technology Package plus a unique sport grille and a full skirt package.
The long-wheelbase LS 460 L AWD features more than 30 mm of additional legroom in the rear seat, the confidence of all-wheel-drive, and many additional standard features, including: heated and air conditioned, power adjustable reclining rear seats with climate controls; rear seat side airbags; an escaine head lining; sunshades on the rear door glass; power assist doors and an automatic, powered opening/closing trunk; dynamic radar cruise control; a wood and leather console box; the Lexus Advanced Pre-Collision System; Lane Keeping Assist System; Obstacle Detection System; Driver Monitoring System; and Bi-Xenon HID headlamps.
- The LS 460 L AWD may be ordered with the Executive Package, which adds: Variable Gear Ratio Steering; Front and rear air suspension; Front and rear Adaptive Variable Suspension; an infrared body temperature sensor to control rear seat climate settings; a rear seat DVD entertainment system with 9” LCD display, two sets of wireless headphones and an audio and DVD remote control; a right rear seat Ottoman with integrated seat cushion airbag and Shiatsu massage system; a 110v accessory power outlet; and leather covered lower instrument panel and door armrest.
Guests may also personalize their 2012 Lexus LS 460 from a range of Lexus parts and accessories. Consult the Lexus web site for the most up to date list of options by model.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Lexus LS 460 is now on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealers. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price starts at $83,050 for the rear-wheel-drive model, $85,400 for the all-wheel-drive model and $101,050 for the long-wheelbase all-wheel-drive model.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 35 dealers across Canada. With 5 models on the road today, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.