(TORONTO) – Advanced performance from a next generation powertrain meets the intelligent refinement of a fully-equipped luxury sedan. For 2010, the Lexus GS 450h performance hybrid luxury sedan receives upgraded systems and more luxury than ever, making the revolutionary hybrid even more exhilarating.
“The Lexus Hybrid Drive delivers proven performance – from advanced acceleration to reduced emissions and remarkable fuel efficiency,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “For 2010, the GS 450h now delivers even more luxury to drivers, through new style elements, and additional standard safety, comfort and convenience features.”
For 2010, the GS hybrid enjoys a new front grille and wheel design, and added standard features including:
- A rear spoiler,
- The safety of Rear Seat Side Airbags and Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection,
- Hard drive-based (HDD) navigation system,
- Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist system,
- High performance Mark Levinson audio system.
The 2010 Lexus GS 450h is built around the Lexus Hybrid Drive. This performance vehicle has as its heart a 3.5L V6 with lightweight aluminum alloy block and a full suite of Lexus engine management technologies, coupled to an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission with sequential multi-mode shifter and snow mode. Together, these deliver 339 net horsepower for remarkably smooth and confident acceleration and peak torque of 267 lb-ft, making the rear wheel drive GS hybrid a thrill to drive.
The Lexus Hybrid Drive achieves a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of just 8.2L/100km and a Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating, and contributes to the GS hybrid’s quiet cabin.
The GS 450h features a full suite of Lexus handling and control technologies as standard. These include the state of the art Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management System tuned to the vehicle’s hybrid performance profile, plus Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Hill-Start Assist Control.
The GS 450h features highly responsive electric power steering, enhanced with a variable gear ratio steering system for peak performance at any speed. Maximum traction comes from the vehicle’s impressive P245/40R18 performance summer radials.
Ventilated disc brakes at all four corners manage heat build-up during extreme braking conditions, and are backstopped by the Lexus Antilock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution. The GS hybrid is further equipped with the Lexus integrated regenerative braking system, which captures energy that would normally be wasted as heat and uses it to recharge the hybrid drive’s battery.
The GS hybrid’s Safety systems deliver no compromise protection, from 10 air bags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags; front and rear seat mounted side air bags; driver and front passenger knee air bags; front and rear / side curtain air bags) to the Lexus Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection, to front seat belt pre-tensioners, force limiters, and front and rear anchor height adjusters. Every GS 450h also carries an onboard first aid kit and tool kit, and is fitted with an anti-theft system with engine immobilizer.
Comfort and luxury are hallmarks of every Lexus, and the GS 450h is no exception. Its full suite of standard equipment includes:
- A high performance Mark Levinson audio system featuring AM/FM/six-disc DVD changer with MP3/WMA capability, title display, Bluetooth connectivity, integrated XM Satellite Radio, 14 speakers and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control, the Lexus Automatic Air Recirculation System, dust/pollen/odour filter, and rear seat heater ducts;
- Power door locks with key lockout protection;
- Water-repellent door glass;
- 10-way power adjustable and heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats;
- The Lexus Driver’s Seat Memory System with three settings, including links to the tilting steering column and exterior mirrors;
- Premium leather seat surfaces;
- The Lexus Smart Key system with wallet-sized Smart Key with Push Button Start;
- Power windows with auto up/down function on all windows;
- A voice-activated HDD navigation system;
- Multi-information Display; Digital compass; Outside temperature gauge;
- Leather and wood finished steering wheel and shift knob;
- A premium illuminated entry system that reveals a refined interior of birds eye maple or brown walnut wood trim, leather door trim, and chrome inner door handles;
- Plenty of smart in-cabin storage, from a locking glove box, door pockets, front centre console box and front seat back pockets to overhead sunglass storage, front and rear cup holders, and a driver’s coin case compartment;
- Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist system;
- Power rear window sun shade.
- 18” Aluminum alloy wheels with wheel locks;
- Power folding/adjustable/heated, anti-glare, dual exterior rear view mirrors linked to seat memory system, with puddle lamps and integrated signal lamps;
- Variable intermittent wipers with mist feature and rain-sensing wipers;
- High intensity discharge headlamps with the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting System, automatic headlamp system, auto levelling headlamp system, headlamp washers, and fog lamps;
- Rear spoiler;
- Power moon roof;
- And more.
The 2010 Lexus GS hybrid is on sale at Lexus dealers across Canada now, with a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price starting at $71,900.