(TORONTO) – Lexus of Canada invites guests to experience a true hybrid performance luxury vehicle without compromise. As efficient as some four-cylinder vehicles, the GS 450h delivers power and high-performance wrapped in a luxurious package while offering superior efficiency.
“Our guests will discover the true meaning of contemporary luxury when they get behind the wheel of the 2011 GS 450h,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Dynamic performance, high efficiency and absolute luxury in a single, fully-equipped vehicle – the GS 450h delivers a no-compromise experience designed to thrill.”
Luxury features with no compromise
The GS 450h is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- A luxurious yet contemporary cabin with leather coverings for seating, steering wheel, shift knob and door trim, birds eye maple wood trim accents, chrome inner door handles, and a premium illuminated entry system, an integrated garage door opener and more
- Dual zone automatic climate control with cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts
- 10-way power adjustable heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats
- A 14-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system with six-disc DVD changer USB input, integrated Bluetooth capability and XM Satellite Radio with Voice-activated hard disc-based navigation system
- Smart Key system and Push Button Start
Subtle visual differences distinguish the GS 450h from the GS 350 model. In addition to a new exterior colour – Starlight Black Mica – the vehicle also features a blue hybrid designation on the side rocker moldings, aluminum-and-blue enameled rear model designation, front grille, special 18-inch light-alloy wheels, a Lexus Hybrid Drive engine cover, blue front and rear "L" logos, a blue tint to the headlamps, clear tail lamp covers and a power meter that replaces the tachometer.
Performance and handling
The 2011 GS 450h features a specially designed Lexus Hybrid Drive, tailored to this sedan’s unique performance driving characteristics. At its heart is a powerful 3.5L 24-valve V6 with lightweight aluminum alloy block, dual overhead cams, dual variable valve timing with intelligence, direct injection system, acoustic control induction system, and other features. This performance engine is mated to a high-torque electric motor, high capacity storage battery and sophisticated power management system to deliver an impressive 340 combined net horsepower and an impressive Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating.
Sending power to the rear wheels is an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (CVT) with sequential multi-mode shifter and snow mode feature. Acceleration is seamlessly powerful, yet surprisingly quiet and smooth. Fuel efficiency is an impressive 8.2L/100KM combined city/highway.
For dynamic handling, an adaptive Variable Suspension system lets drivers select from four dynamic driving modes to suit any road surface, weather and occasion.
Every GS 450h is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- The advanced Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management is enhanced with Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Hill Start Assist Control technologies
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes are enhanced with Anti-lock Braking System, Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution systems – plus an integrated regenerative braking system that captures kinetic power to charge the high voltage hybrid battery
- 10 airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front and rear seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags)
- Active front headrests with whiplash protection, plus anchor points for child seats, child protector rear door locks, an onboard first aid kit, and more
- Rain-sensing wipers, , auto levelling HID headlamps with adaptive front lighting system, headlamp washers and fog lamps – plus fast-acting high visibility LED rear brake lamps
- Intuitive parking assist
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus GS 450h is now on sale across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $71,750.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian and distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. An industry leader for product quality and ownership satisfaction, Lexus has sold over 130,000 vehicles in Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.lexus.ca or www.media.lexus.ca.