(TORONTO, ON. - October 20, 2010) Lexus Canada invites guests to discover why the IS F is the ultimate high-performance luxury sedan. The IS F combines heart-pounding power and pulse-racing handling and control on the track with the comfort, amenities and on-road manners demanded of a luxury sedan – and the uniquely Lexus use of advance technology to create a truly memorable experience.
“Canadian drivers seeking a thrilling high-performance luxury automobile need look no further than the Lexus IS F sport sedan which has earned its reputation for delivering extremely high levels of horsepower and driving dynamics to create the definitive all-out driving experience,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “With a new mix of standard features, including our voice-activated HDD Navigation system and other new standard comfort and convenience features, there’s never been a better time to welcome Canadian guests to the IS F.”
Highlights for 2011
New standard equipment includes for the 2011 Lexus IS F includes refreshed 19” aluminum alloy wheel design, voice activated hard disc-based navigation system, windshield de-icer, a self-restoring clearcoat paint and Alcantara sport seats with leather trim.
Power, performance, and control
Zero-100 km/h in under five seconds – that’s the thrill of a specially developed and highly tuned 5.0 L V8 that delivers 416 horsepower and 371 lb-ft of torque thanks to the advanced electronically-driven Dual Variable Valve Timing system, direct ignition system and many more specially designed high performance components to boost high-RPM power and more.
An eight-speed sport direct shift automatic transmission delivers up-shifts in one-tenth of a second and with a selection of driver-selectable driving modes, the IS F’s power train puts advanced driving technology and jaw-dropping performance at the driver’s fingertips.
The specially designed, high-performance suspension, specially tuned steering and braking systems with limited slip rear differential combine to give the IS F a high degree of stability and driver enjoyment over a broad range.
Every IS F is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems, including:
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management stability control System with VDIM off-switch.
- Massive 14.2 inch front disc brakes and 13.6 inch rear disc brakes feature drilled rotors, BREMBO high friction brake pads for tremendous braking power and backing up the brakes are Anti-lock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies.
- Eight airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags).
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts, front and rear seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters, adjustable shoulder belt anchors for front row seats, plus anchor points for child protector seats, child protector rear door locks and an onboard first aid kit.
- Bi-xenon high intensity discharge headlamps enhanced with the Lexus adaptive front lighting system and auto levelling headlamp system, plus rain-sensing wipers and fog lamps.
Luxury features with no compromise
The IS F high-performance sport sedan is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities.
- The IS F Series 1 standard package comes equipped with a high level of features that include: a 13 speaker premium audio system with six disc CD changer, auxiliary input jack and USB input for portable music players, Bluetooth connectivity, an integrated XM Satellite Radio system, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, dual zone automatic climate control, eight-way power adjustable driver and front passenger sport seats, new Alcantara and leather seat trim, three-setting driver’s seat memory systems, power tilting/telescoping steering column, Lexus Smart Key system and push-button start, a voice-activated hard disc based navigation system, aluminized fibreglass trim, an integrated garage door opener, power moon roof and more.
- The IS F Series 2 Package adds several enhancements that include: 10-spoke, 19” forged aluminum wheels, a high performance Mark Levinson Audio system with 5.1 channel architecture, 14 speakers and six-disc DVD changer, a wallet-sized Smart Key, a clearance and back-up sensor and headlamp washers.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus IS F is now on sale across Canada. The IS F carries a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $69,850 for Series 1 models and $72,550 for Series 2 editions.
About Lexus Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.