ES 350 and ES 300h now standard equipped with ventilated front seats and SIRI Eyes-Free
(TORONTO – October 23, 2013) The Lexus ES sedan is crafted to excite the senses of the most discerning Canadian drivers. And for 2014, the ES 350 and ES 300h hybrid rewards Lexus guests with even more comfort and convenience behind the wheel, with ventilated front seats and SIRI Eyes-Free added to an already impressive list of standard equipment.
“With bold and progressive styling, dynamic and responsive handling, and a beautifully refined and spacious interior with seating for five, the ES 350 and ES 300h hybrid ably demonstrate why the ES is known as ‘the elegant sport sedan’,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director of Lexus Canada.
The ES 350 and ES 300h have been critically acclaimed since Lexus introduced the next generation models a year ago. Both models earned a “Top Safety Pick” Award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and Best Value in Canada Awards from Vincentric.
The 2014 Lexus ES 350 and ES 300h are each available in a range of trim levels. All feature luxury levels of style, performance and comfort.
Elegant sportiness is evident at first glance, from the dramatically sculpted Lexus signature spindle grille and road-hugging stance to clean, continuous styling lines from front to rear. Beauty is more than skin deep, as the exterior design has been carefully crafted to minimize air resistance for better fuel efficiency, lower noise, and improved ride comfort.
Inside, a contemporary interior is fitted with luxurious amenities. The ES is delightfully spacious too, with plenty of leg and head room for rear seat passengers. Close inspection reveals a craftsman’s attention to detail, including genuine stitching on leather seat surfaces.
The ES 350 is powered by an advanced, 268 HP 3.5 litre V6 engine that combines impressive acceleration with exceptional fuel efficiency, at just 8.3 litres per 100 kilometres (city/highway combined). Mated to a six-speed electronically controlled transmission, the ES drive train delivers silky smooth shifts and enhanced performance at all speeds. A three-setting drive mode select control allows drivers to choose from the additional performance of Sport Mode or the added efficiency of Eco Mode.
The ES 300h – introduced in the 2013 model year – is built around the proven power and efficiency of the Lexus Hybrid Drive. Featuring a super-efficient 2.5 litre Atkinson Cycle four-cylinder engine, high-torque electric motor, continuously variable transmission and powerful storage battery – all coordinated by a sophisticated hybrid management system – the Lexus Hybrid Drive provides the ES 300h with a combined 200 net horsepower for an exceptionally engaging driving experience, with combination with unmatched fuel efficiency and extremely low emissions. A four-setting drive mode select control allows drivers to choose from the additional performance of Sport Mode, the added efficiency of Eco Mode or the pure electric operation of EV mode (over short distances).
A completely redesigned suspension architecture features opposite-wound front coil springs to enhance straight-line stability. Rear suspension geometry is carefully engineered to boost overall control and agility. Combined with a lengthened wheelbase and highly responsive electric power steering, the result is impressively refined driving comfort and confidence.
No compromise safety is standard on every Lexus model. The ES series features 10 airbags, a tire pressure monitoring system with auto location and more – including active safety technologies such as Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Antilock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, and Smart Stop Technology.
Generously appointed, all ES 350 and ES 300h models feature: an eight-speaker Lexus premium audio system with USB audio input, Bluetooth capability, integrated XM Satellite Radio and – new for 2014 – the SIRI Eyes-Free system for controlling SIRI-equipped mobile phones; dual zone automatic climate control; 10-way power adjustable and heated driver and front passenger seats clad in NuLuxe and – new for this year – enhanced with ventilation fans as standard equipment for additional comfort; power door locks with keyless entry; a driver-focused instrument cluster featuring tachometer, dual trip odometer, and multi-information display; the Smart Key System with Push Button Start; integrated garage door opener; power windows with auto up/down function and window jam protection on all windows; leather-wrapped steering wheel; plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage; a 12V accessory power outlet; analogue clock with LED illumination; 17” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; power moon roof; variable intermittent wipers; fog lamps; LED daytime running lamps with the unique Lexus arrowhead design; and more. Front ventilated disc brakes and rear solid disc brakes provide ample stopping power.
The 2014 Lexus ES 350 luxury sedan carries a suggested MSRP of $39,750 and may be enhanced with a choice of four available upgrade packages:
- The Premium Package adds: Power tilting/telescoping steering column; heated wood steering wheel; Lexus Display Audio system with 7” screen; driver’s seat memory system; back-up camera; rain-sensing wipers; and woodgrain trim.
- The Leather and Navigation Package builds on the Premium Package, adding: Lexus premium audio system with in-dash DVD player; a navigation system with remote touch interface and 8” display screen; leather seat surfaces; and auto-leveling HID headlamps.
- The Touring Package builds on the Leather and Navigation Package, adding: 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system; power driver’s seat variable-length cushion adjustment; premium leather seat surfaces; power rear window sunshade; rear door sunshade; automatic powered opening and easy-close trunk; passenger seat memory system; panoramic glass roof with power tilt/slide moonroof; and a premium illuminated entry system.
- The Technology Package builds on the Touring Package, adding: the Lexus Pre-Collision System; Lane Departure Alert; Blind Spot Monitor; Rear Cross Traffic Alert; dynamic radar cruise control; clearance and back-up sensors; and the Lexus automatic high beam feature.
The 2014 Lexus ES 300h hybrid luxury sedan carries a suggested MSRP of $44,100 and comes with several additional features as standard, including: driver’s seat memory system; power tilting/telescoping steering column; Lexus Display Audio system with 7” screen; back-up camera; and woodgrain trim. The ES 300h may be enhanced with a choice of three available upgrade packages:
- The Navigation Package adds: heated wood steering wheel; Lexus premium audio system with in-dash DVD player; a navigation system with remote touch interface and 8” display screen; and rain-sensing wipers.
- The Leather Package builds on the Navigation Package, adding: a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system; leather seat surfaces; power rear window sunshade; rear door sunshade; auto-leveling HID headlamps; and a premium illuminated entry system.
- The Technology Package builds on the Leather Package, adding: the Lexus Pre-Collision System; Lane Departure Alert; Blind Spot Monitor; Rear Cross Traffic Alert; power driver’s seat variable-length cushion adjustment; passenger seat memory system; premium leather seat surfaces; dynamic radar cruise control; clearance and back-up sensors; automatic powered opening and easy-close trunk; and the Lexus automatic high beam feature.
The 2014 Lexus ES 350 and ES 300h are now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/es
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 36 dealers across Canada. With 13 Lexus models on the road today, five of them being hybrids, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit: www.lexus.ca