Stylish, fun-to-drive CT 200h will deliver value, innovation and best combined fuel efficiency in luxury segment
(MONTREAL) – At the 2011 Montreal International Auto Show, Lexus continues to push the boundaries of luxury motoring with the Canadian auto show premiere of two new vehicles: the 2011 Lexus CT 200h premium luxury compact hybrid and the 2011 IS 350 AWD luxury sport sedan.
“The CT 200h luxury compact hybrid is designed to appeal to an emerging type of luxury driver. It is an all-new, fun-to-drive model with a sporty style that doesn’t compromise on versatility and innovation,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Starting at just $30,950, the Lexus CT 200h is the gateway into the Lexus lineup.”
The 2011 CT 200h is the fifth hybrid to join the Lexus line-up and first and only dedicated hybrid luxury vehicle in the premium compact segment. With unique attitude, style and personality, the Lexus CT 200h will appeal to a new group of luxury buyers – those who love compacts for their urban agility and are seeking to reward themselves with an environmentally minded luxury motoring experience. For this group of drivers nothing less than a hybrid will do.
Delivering a fun-to-drive experience, thanks to a sport-tuned suspension, the CT 200h delivers the best combined fuel economy in the luxury segment, at just 4.6L/00 km.
Key features of the CT 200h include:
- A 134 net horsepower Lexus Hybrid Drive built around a 1.8L 4-cylinder Atkinson-cycle engine and high torque electric motor and continuously variable transmission
- Four driver-selectable running modes (Normal, EV, ECO and Sport); a full suite of vehicle handling and control technologies, including Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control
- The CT 200h features a sporty, wide-grip steering wheel and drivers sit in a low, 8-way power seat with a long seat cushion, lumbar support, and aggressive side bolsters
- Smart Key system with push-button Start/Stop and touch sensors on exterior front-door handles
- A six-speaker audio system with steering wheel audio controls, MP3/WMA capability, CD player, and Bluetooth for phone and music streaming capabilities, Aux/USB/iPod connectivity and integrated XM satellite radio receiver
- 16-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Heated front seats and dual zone automatic climate control
- Improving its environmental performance, several CT 200h components are fabricated from a bioplastic material containing 30 per cent plant-based resin
2011 Lexus IS 350 AWD
Also debuting at the Montreal International Auto Show is the 2011 Lexus IS 350 AWD luxury sport sedan, a new addition to the popular IS series.
“The IS 350 AWD expands our very popular line of luxury sport sedans in response to our guests’ requests for a higher horsepower all-wheel-drive model,” said Mr. Hutchinson. “Lexus guests no longer have to choose between power and the confidence of all-wheel-drive performance.”
The IS 350 AWD introduces fresh styling to the IS series, with updated fog lamps, grille, back-up lamps, turn signals, exhaust pipe tip, and more.
Key features of the IS 350 AWD include:
- A 306 HP 3.5L V6 engine
- Highly responsive electric power steering
- LED daytime running lamps
- Sport-tuned Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management
Available options include a power moon roof, hard drive-based voice-activated navigation system with integrated back-up camera, 14-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system, heated and ventilated front seats, and more.
The IS 350 AWD is currently on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealerships, while the CT 200h will be available in early March.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.