Toronto appearance is rare opportunity for Canadians to come face to face with this Lexus super car
(TORONTO) – At the Canadian International Auto Show this month, motoring enthusiasts will be offered a rare opportunity to see the exclusive Lexus LFA, as the first super car from Lexus makes its Canadian debut.
“Just ten Lexus LFA models will be built for Canadian guests, and the LFA will be a stand-out vehicle on roads and race tracks when deliveries begin this spring,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “But the engineering behind the LFA also sets the stage for future vehicles throughout the Lexus portfolio. The LFA demonstrates our ability to push the limits of advanced technology to deliver an emotionally-gripping combination of thrilling performance, dynamic control and passionate design.”
The two-seater LFA expresses a uniquely Lexus approach to designing and engineering the 21st Century super car. Its many innovations include:
- Super lightweight construction featuring a unique carbon fiber reinforced plastic made possible by a special carbon fiber loom developed in-house by Lexus engineers and builds on Toyota’s rich history of loom design;
- A 552-horsepower 4.8 L V10 that delivers 90% of its peak torque between 3,700rpm and 9,000 rpm, hand-built by a single engineer and bearing his signature;
- Blistering acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 325 km/h;
- The world’s first Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbag mounted in the seatbelt;
- A unique personalization process that offers over a million possible combinations, during which LFA guests can choose from an incredible selection of options, including 30 exterior colours, 12 interior colours plus a variety of stitching options, leather or Alcantara seat materials and a choice of wheel and brake caliper colour options;
- An exclusive ownership experience through Lexus, including special events such as a tour of the LFA Works in Motomachi, Japan, and much more.
Lexus craftspeople will handcraft only 500 LFAs at the rate of 20 per month.
The LFA is more than an exclusive driving experience. It is also a showcase for the advanced technology and sophisticated driving dynamics that inspire future models throughout the Lexus line-up. New models like the CT 200h compact luxury hybrid and IS 350 AWD will continue to deliver on our commitment to the introduction of purposeful technology, innovative design and progressive luxury motoring experiences that our Lexus guests have come to expect from us.
Meet the Lexus LFA at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, February 18-27. The Lexus exhibit is on the 300 Level of the North Building at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.lexus.ca.