Four models with a choice of engine size, drive train :: F SPORT features :: Special Edition package highlights popular IS 250 AWD model for 2013
(TORONTO, ON – September 21, 2012) Dynamic performance, responsive and precise handling, and uncompromising advanced technology and luxury – everything discerning drivers look for in a sport luxury sedan – is yours in the Lexus IS series. The IS Series appeals to some of the youngest buyers in the luxury segment because it delivers on the promise of more moments of exhilaration. Available in four models with a choice of engine sizes and drive trains and a selection of thoughtfully tailored upgrade packages, the IS Series provides greater choice with an F SPORT package for the IS 250 and IS 350 with rear wheel drive, and a new-for-2013 Special Edition package for the IS 250 with all wheel drive.
“The IS series is one of our most popular offerings in Canada – and with good reason,” noted Cyril Dimitris, Director of Lexus in Canada. “That’s because the IS series of sport luxury sedans combine thrilling performance with progressive luxury. Quality, safety, comfort and amenities are standard, while each of our four models showcases the attention to detail that only a Lexus can provide.”
The IS series sedan defines the intelligent deployment of power throughout a broad speed range, with a choice of two finely-tuned engines. IS 250 models feature a powerful yet efficient 2.5L six-cylinder that delivers 204 peak horsepower and up to 185 lb-ft of torque. IS 350 models are built around a 3.5L six-cylinder engine that generates up to 306 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are enhanced with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i), Sequential Multiport Electronic Fuel Injection, a Direct Ignition System, Acoustic Control Induction System and other technologies to maximize performance and fuel efficiency while minimizing emissions.
These engines are perfectly paired with a six-speed automatic Super ECT transmission with sequential multi-mode shifter and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for confident acceleration and highly responsive shifts.
Every Lexus IS delivers dynamic, road-hugging performance. Progressive rate electric power steering is responsive and efficient. Up front, an independent double-wishbone suspension is enhanced with anti-dive/anti-squat geometry, while the back features a multi-link rear control arm suspension. Both suspension systems are built around gas shocks and coil springs, enhanced with stabilizer bars.
Safety is always standard on a Lexus, so every IS sport luxury sedan features Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management, a suite of eight airbags (driver and front passenger, driver and front passenger knee, front seat mounted side, and front and rear side curtain), front and rear seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters, anchor points for child seats and child protector rear door locks. The Lexus IS also features powerful ventilated disc brakes at all four corners, plus a suite of six active safety technologies: Antilock Braking System, Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Smart Stop Technology work together to help drivers avoid potential accident situations.
Every 2013 Lexus IS sports a generous suite of convenience and luxury features, including: 13-speaker Lexus Premium Audio system with six-disc CD changer, USB audio input, Bluetooth, integrated XM Satellite Radio with roof-mounted fin antenna, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, dual zone automatic climate control with soft touch heater controls; a rear seat with fold-down centre armrest with pass-through; power locks with key lockout protection, auto door lock with shifter activation, and keyless entry with remote trunk release; the Lexus Smart Key system with Push Button Start; power windows with auto up/down for all windows; a leather-wrapped steering wheel on tilting/telescoping steering column; metallic shift knob and dash accents; plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage; full instrumentation including a multi-information display, tachometer, outside temperature gauge and dual trip odometer; cruise control; integrated garage door opener; electrochromatic rear view mirror; dual illuminated vanity mirrors; map lamps; 12-volt accessory power outlet; dual power remote heated exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps; the Lexus automatic headlamp system; fog lamps; and more.
The 2013 Lexus IS is available in four models:
Lexus IS 250 RWD (MSRP starting at $34,250)
The 2013 Lexus IS 250 RWD unites responsive performance, precision dynamics and distinctive styling in a true luxury package. This model features a rear wheel drive configuration with pre-torque semi-limited slip differential for sharp handling, an exhilarating driving experience, and a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 8.2 L / 100 KM. Additional standard features include front sport seats; sport fabric seat coverings; 17” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; and halogen headlamps. This model may be ordered with a choice of two available options packages:
- The Leather with Moonroof Package adds luxury and convenience, with: eight-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats; heated front seats; leather seat surfaces, and a power moonroof.
- The F SPORT Package enhances style and performance. Building on the Leather and Moonroof Package, it adds: an F SPORT steering wheel on power tilting/telescoping column; a sport-tuned suspension; 18” wheels; Alcantara/Leather seat surfaces; a hard-drive based navigation system with backup camera; sport grille, front chin spoiler and rear lip spoiler; reverse auto tilting exterior mirrors; rain sensing wipers; aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts; F SPORT scuff plates and shift knob; high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps; and LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps.
Lexus IS 250 AWD (MSRP starting at $38,050)
The 2013 Lexus IS 250 AWD delivers all the performance, style and precision handling of its rear wheel drive counterpart while providing even greater traction. Equipped with a track-tested Lexus all wheel drive system, the IS 250 AWD offers additional driving confidence when road and weather conditions call for more control and a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 8.8 L / 100 KM. Additional standard features include eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat; 17” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; and halogen headlamps. This model may be ordered with a choice of four available options packages:
- The Leather and Moonroof Package adds leather seat surfaces, heated front seats and a power moonroof.
- New for 2013, the Special Edition builds on the Leather and Moonroof Package, adding unique 17” aluminum alloy wheels; a heated driver and passenger seats with ventilation fan; two-tone premium leather seat surfaces; a unique saddle tan/black interior colour scheme with matched leather weekender bag; high intensity discharge headlamps; and a front chin spoiler and rear spoiler.
- The Leather with Moonroof and Navigation Package adds leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, a power moonroof and a hard disc based navigation system with integrated backup camera.
- The Luxury with Navigation Package adds premium leather seat surfaces, heated and ventilated front seats, a power moonroof, a hard drive-based navigation system with integrated backup camera, a power tilting/telescoping steering column, a 3-setting driver memory seat system; rain sensing wipers; woodgrain interior trim; LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps; and more.
Lexus IS 350 RWD (MSRP starting at $51,400)
The 2013 Lexus IS 350 RWD defines every measure of an all-out sport luxury sedan, with dynamic power, outstanding performance and precision handling. This model is engineered for performance, featuring a rear wheel drive configuration with pre-torque semi-limited slip differential, a sport-tuned suspension, and 18” aluminum alloy wheels. Combined city/highway fuel efficiency is 9.2 L / 100 KM. The IS 350 RWD boasts style and luxury to match its performance, including: an F SPORT steering wheel; eight-way power adjustable heated driver and front passenger seats; F SPORT leather seat surfaces; a hard drive-based navigation system with integrated backup camera; aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts; F SPORT scuff plates; auto-dimming exterior mirrors with reverse auto-tilt function; a power moonroof; rain sensing wipers; a rear spoiler; HID headlamps with washers; LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps; and more.
Lexus IS 350 AWD (MSRP starting at $45,050)
The 2013 Lexus IS 350 AWD combines power, performance and style with road-gripping Lexus all wheel drive in an exceptional package. Equipped with a track-tested Lexus all wheel drive system, the IS 350 AWD offers additional driving confidence when road and weather conditions call for more control and a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 9.4 L / 100 KM. Luxury and convenience features abound, including: eight-way power adjustable heated driver and front passenger seats; leather seat surfaces; 17” aluminum alloy wheels; HID headlamps with washers; LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps; and more. This model may be ordered with a choice of two available options packages:
- The Moonroof and Navigation Package adds a power moonroof and a hard drive-based navigation system with integrated backup camera.
- The Luxury with Navigation Package adds: a power moonroof; a hard drive-based navigation system with integrated backup camera; a 14-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system; a 3-setting driver memory seat system; premium leather seat surfaces; heated and ventilated front seats; power tilting/telescoping steering column; clearance and backup sensors; rain sensing wipers; woodgrain interior trim; and more.
The 2013 Lexus IS series is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/is
About Lexus of Canada:
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 36 dealers across Canada. With 13 Lexus models on the road today, five of them being hybrids, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.