State-of-the-art facility features a variety of environmental initiatives, from renewable energy for all electricity to use of hybrids for courtesy cars
TORONTO, ON., (December 17, 2013) – OpenRoad Lexus Richmond has become the first Lexus dealership in Canada to achieve LEED® Silver Certification in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Green Building Rating System.
The 69,000-square-foot facility in Richmond, B.C. has made sustainability a priority in a wide range of ways:
- All of the site’s electricity comes from renewable energy;
- Water use has been reduced by 40 per cent through low-flow toilets, shower heads and faucets;
- Locally-certified wood is used throughout the facility;
- Indoor air quality is excellent, as a result of low-emitting interior carpets, paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, and wood composites;
- Three-quarters of construction waste was recycled;
- Installation of heating and cooling systems and insulation material was used throughout the building;
- All cleaning products used are environmentally friendly, with minimal or no toxicity;
- Hybrids are given dedicated parking stalls, while courtesy cars for guests are hybrids, and staff are given hybrids to use; and
- There is storage space for bicycles and change rooms for cyclists.
“In its ongoing pursuit of innovation, Lexus is obsessed with design excellence,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. “It is a source of great pride that OpenRoad Lexus Richmond has embraced this new spirit of design through this state-of-the-art facility. Not only does it reflect the vehicles we sell, which includes the largest luxury hybrid selection, but it also builds on our commitment to environmental sustainability.”
Located at 5631 Parkwood Way, OpenRoad Lexus Richmond showcases the latest in Lexus products, making use of the largest indoor showroom in Canada. It houses 20 vehicles and spans two floors.
With valet service, 18 service bays, six detailing bays and four new vehicle delivery bays, Lexus guests are assured of fast, convenient service experiences, and they can take advantage of luxurious onsite amenities, including a Lexus lounge complete with massage chairs, a 60-inch satellite television, computer work stations, wireless internet, complimentary beverages and a serene outdoor patio.
The dealership – which re-launched in 2011 and employs over 50 staff – supports local food banks and charities including the B.C and Yukon Make-A-Wish Foundation. Several other charity events are sponsored as well, including the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation Golf 4 Kids tournament, the HK Canada Business Association Golf Classic, and the PwC & Richmond Auto Mall's 26th Annual Charity Golf Tournament.
About Lexus Canada
Lexus Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 37 dealerships across Canada. With 15 Lexus models on the road today, five of them being hybrids, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus was the highest ranking nameplate in the industry.