(TORONTO) – Lexus of Canada today invites guests to experience the 2011 Lexus GX 460 – the authentic body-on-frame luxury SUV that delivers remarkable luxury and civilized road manners plus high power and performance for driving confidence in even the most formidable road conditions.
“The 2011 GX 460 luxury SUV combines family-friendly comfort, advanced safety features, premium craftsmanship and innovation in a unique, seven-passenger vehicle with authentic body-on-frame construction,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Canadian guests will discover that the GX 460 is the luxury SUV that delivers both exceptional on-road manners and true off-road confidence.”
Highlights for 2011
- Revised standard equipment package
- Optional Premium Package upgrade lets guests choose their desired mix of convenience and luxury amenities
Performance and handling
The 2011 GX 460 is powered by an advanced 4.6L V8 with 32 valves, dual overhead cams, dual variable valve timing with intelligence, sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection, acoustic control induction system, a cooled exhaust gas recirculation system, and much more. The powerful and efficient V8 delivers 301 horsepower and 329 lb-ft of torque, and is enhanced with a heavy-duty battery, starter, alternator and heater for reliability in all weather extremes.
This V8 is mated to a Sequential Shift ix-speed Super ECT automatic with gate-type shifter for smooth, responsive shifts and an impressive fuel efficiency rating of 12.1 L/100KM city/highway combined.
The GX 460 is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems that include:
- A segment-leading 10 airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags, rear seat side airbags)
- Vehicle Stability Control, Active Traction Control and Hill Start Assist Control technologies
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System, Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, plus anchor points for child protector seats, child-protector rear door locks, front and rear seat assist grips, and a first-aid kit
- Numerous standard safety features such as window jam protection and a back-up camera
Luxury features with no compromise
The GX 460 is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- Dual zone automatic climate control with dust/pollen/odour air filter and rear seat heater ducts
- Nine-speaker audio system with USB and auxiliary audio inputs for portable music players, Bluetooth capability, integrated XM Satellite Radio and steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Eight-way power adjustable, heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats, leather seat surfaces, and a two-setting driver seat memory system
- A 40/20/40 split middle seatback and 50/50 split power folding flat third-row seat
- Leather wrapped four-spoke steering wheel with power tilting/telescoping column
- Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- Power moon roof, illuminated running boards, back-up camera
- A 4-pin and 7-pin trailer wiring harness and 6,500 lb towing rating
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 Ultra Premium grade adds numerous performance, handling, safety and luxury features, including:
- Crawl Control and Multi-Terrain Select systems, plus a transmission cooler
- Load-levelling rear air suspension
- Lexus Wide View front and side monitoring system
- Pre-Collision System, Driver Monitoring System, and Lane Departure Alert with Milliwave radar cruise control system
- Auto-levelling high-intensity discharge headlamps with headlamp washers, the automatic high-beam feature and the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting System
- 330-watt, 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio system with 7.1-channel surround sound speaker architecture with Voice activated hard disc based navigation system
- Three-zone independent automatic climate control
- Semi-aniline leather trimmed interior with heated middle row outboard seats
- Upgraded interior finishes, featuring African bubinga wood trim, heated wood and leather steering wheel, and leather and wood shift knob
- Illuminated “Lexus” scuff plates, clearance and back-up sensor and 120-volt, 400-watt power outlet
- Upgraded side view mirrors featuring Electrochromatic mirrors and power-folding housings
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 can be ordered with the Premium Package, which features auto-levelling high-intensity discharge headlamps with the automatic high-beam feature, a clearance and back-up sensor, plus the following convenience and luxury upgrades: Three-zone independent automatic climate control; Upgraded side view mirrors featuring Electrochromatic mirrors and power-folding housings; 330-watt, 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio system with 7.1-channel surround sound speaker architecture; Voice activated hard disc based navigation system; and upgraded interior finishes, featuring African bubinga wood trim, a leather and wood steering wheel, and leather and wood shift knob.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus GX 460 midsize luxury SUV is now on sale across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $60,700.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.