- Choice of conventional or self-charging hybrid electric powertrains
- Next Generation Enform Connected Vehicle Services on all models
TORONTO, ON – October 30, 2019 – The Lexus ES series of mid-size luxury sedans envelop you in striking style and unforgettable luxury – then delight you with exhilarating performance. With an impressive choice of models – including the self-charging hybrid electric ES 300h and F SPORT performance designs – there’s an ES for every taste. New this year, all models feature an upgraded Lexus Display Audio system enhanced with Enform multimedia services and compatible with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.
“The ES exceeds expectations in the luxury sedan segment with its blend of smooth handling, striking design and newly added connected vehicle services.” said Robert Tsang, Director of Lexus in Canada. “With a choice of powertrains - including our ‘no compromise’ self-charging hybrid model, we’re confident our Guests will be impressed with the 2020 ES – from the ground up.”
Curbside, designers took full advantage of the Lexus Global Architecture K platform to craft an ES that’s the epitome of dramatic styling. The ES is long, low and wide, with a dramatically slanted roofline that imparts a coupe-like silhouette. Exterior details of note include Bi-LED headlamps, LED cornering lamps and LED tail lamps – all tailored to make an impression when viewed from any angle – plus grade-specific alloy wheels and a power moon roof.
The coupe-like exterior is stylish yet deceptive – because inside, the ES enjoys impressive interior space, even in the back seat. With room for five, the ES invites passengers into a serene and comfortable cabin defined by craftsmanship and details that delight all the senses. The 10-way power adjustable front row seats are heated and ventilated for year-round comfort, while the driver-oriented cockpit has been carefully designed so all controls fall naturally to hand, and all instruments may be consulted with a glance. Other standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, power windows with auto up/down function and window jam protection, a premium illuminated entry system, signature Lexus analogue clock with LED illumination and the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start.
Under the hood, the ES features a choice of powertrains. Both result in sedans that are powerful, responsive and efficient.
The ES 350 features a direct-injection 302 horsepower 3.5L V6 paired with an eight-speed direct shift transmission. This powertrain delivers rapid acceleration with crisp, precisely timed shifts and quick pedal responses.
The self-charging hybrid ES 300h features a Lexus Hybrid Drive built around a highly efficient 2.5L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder engine, a high-torque electric motor, an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission and a high-capacity Nickel metal Hydride storage battery. This model generates 215 net system horsepower, a remarkably smooth, responsive and engaging driving experience, exceptional fuel efficiency ratings of 5.5L/100km city and 5.2L/100km highway, and extremely low emissions. Like all Lexus Hybrids, this self-charging system never needs to be plugged in.
Both models feature the Lexus Drive Mode Select system, which allows drivers to modify the vehicles powertrain and driving dynamics to suit the moment – from optimum efficiency to maximum acceleration. The instrument cluster changes colour to reflect the mood – glowing in blue for ECO mode (and EV mode on the ES 300h) and changing to red when driving in Sport mode (or Sport + on F SPORT models).
Regardless of powertrain, all ES models are responsive and easy to drive on any type of road. Engineers focused on the steering, the suspension systems and body rigidity to achieve an ideal balance between ride comfort and road engagement.
Every ES is impressively equipped with premium technologies that are advanced yet intuitive. All 2020 models are standard equipped with new Lexus Display Audio with Remote featuring an 8” screen and 10 speakers. Standard features include Enform Remote, Enform Service Connect and Enform Safety Connect, plus Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, Integrated Sirius XM Satellite Radio and Bluetooth connectivity.
The 2020 ES Series also features impressive safety performance, headlined by Lexus Safety System + 2.0. This advanced bundle of active safety technologies enhances driver capabilities to help avoid accident situations. Other standard safety features include 10 airbags, a backup camera, a direct tire pressure monitoring system and an anti-theft system.
The Lexus ES Series is offered in a range of models and trim levels, as follows:
The 2020 Lexus ES Signature (starting MSRP: $45,100 for ES 350 and $47,100 for ES 300h) features seats clad in NuLuxe material, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, electrochromatic rear view mirror with integrated digital compass and 17” alloy wheels. The ES 300h also includes a lip spoiler. These models may be ordered with a choice of upgrade packages, as follows:
- The 2020 Lexus ES Premium Package (starting MSRP: $49,250 for ES 350 and $51,200 for ES 300h) adds a number of new features for 2020 – including Lexus Navigation with Remote, Enform Destination Assist, 12.3” Display Audio screen, and power folding, reverse auto-tilting exterior mirrors. Other upgrades in this package include a heated steering wheel, a a driver’s seat memory system, clearance and backup sensors, rain sensing wipers, and the Lexus Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety systems.
- The 2020 Lexus ES Luxury Package (starting MSRP: $56,050 for ES 350 and $58,000 for ES 300h) builds on the Premium Package, adding full leather seating, triple LED headlamps with the adaptive front lighting system, the Qi wireless charging system for compatible smart phones, a power rear window sunshade, 18” alloy wheels and a panoramic glass roof.
- The 2020 Lexus ES Ultra Luxury Package (starting MSRP: $59,950 for ES 350 and $61,900 for ES 300h) builds on the Luxury Package, adding a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio System, a touch-free power back door, a rear door sunshade, semi-aniline seating, unique 18” alloy wheels, noise reduction wheels and premium ambient lighting system. Additional safety features include the Lexus Bird’s Eye View monitor and a 10” head up display.
The conventionally-powered ES 350 Signature may also be enhanced with a choice of two performance-oriented F SPORT upgrades:
- The 2020 Lexus ES 350 F SPORT Series 1 (starting MSRP: $50,750) enhances performance with the Drive Mode Select System with Sport+ mode, an adaptive variable suspension system, and 19” F SPORT alloy wheels. Other updates include Active Noise Control, a heated F SPORT steering wheel, NuLuxe F SPORT seating, a driver’s seat memory system, rain sensing wipers and a lip spoiler. Safety also gets a boost with the addition of the Lexus Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety systems.
- The 2020 Lexus ES 350 F SPORT Series 2 (starting MSRP: $56,450) builds on the Series 1 package. New features for 2020 include Lexus Navigation with Remote, Enform Destination Assist Connect, a 12.3” Display Audio screen and a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio System. Other features in this package include triple LED headlamps with the adaptive front lighting system, the Qi wireless charging system for compatible smart phones and a 10” head up display.
The 2020 Lexus ES Series is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For complete and up to date details and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/es
About Lexus Canada
Lexus Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 39 dealers across Canada. Guests have access to a wide range of luxury and performance vehicles with a total of 12 Lexus nameplates available in Canada, including the largest luxury hybrid lineup of 6 hybrid models. Inspired by bold design, intuitive technology, and peak performance, Lexus is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services and creating amazing experiences for their guests. The Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada’s (TMMC) award-winning Cambridge South plant. For more information about Lexus and Lexus products, please visit: www.lexus.ca.