Flagship Luxury Utility Vehicle delivers full-size performance, luxury, comfort, style and versatility
(TORONTO - October 18, 2013) The 2014 Lexus LX 570 takes everything full-size: Full size performance from a 383 HP V8. Full-size capability from an array of advanced handling and control technologies. Full-size comfort from an expansive interior appointed with ultra-premium finishes. And more.
“The LX 570 was forged for those seeking that special combination of unparalleled off-road performance and luxurious daily driving,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director of Lexus Canada. “Equipped with advanced technology and with luxury accommodation for eight adults, the Lexus LX enables Canadians to venture where others fear to tread – all the while surrounded in unsurpassed interior comfort and refinement.”
For 2014, the LX 570 is available in a single, fully-equipped model, with a starting MSRP of $94,450.
Full-size performance demands big power, so every LX is built around a 5.7L V8 engine enhanced with several performance and efficiency technologies and mated to a six-speed automatic super ECT transmission with overdrive plus sequential shift mode with paddle shifters. This combination delivers a peak 383 horsepower, up to 403 lb-ft of torque, a 7,000 lb towing capacity plus a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 14.5 L / 100 KM.
With the LX, go-anywhere performance is assured with a full-time four-wheel-drive powertrain, enhanced with off-road turn assist, multi-terrain traction control system, hill-start assist control, downhill assist control, four-wheel crawl control and trailer sway control technologies. All engine and drive-train components are secured behind protective plates to withstand the rigours of off-road adventure.
Comfort in all conditions requires a smart suspension system – and the LX is at the head of the class with a double-wishbone front suspension with torsion bar and four-link, live-axle rear suspension with the four-wheel adaptive variable suspension system. Both front and back suspensions are enhanced with stabilizer bars and the Lexus active height control system. Every LX rides on impressive 20” aluminum alloy wheels with locks and carries a full-size spare tire.
Braking power is equally impressive, with large ventilated disc brakes at all four corners enhanced with multi-terrain ABS. And as a Lexus, the LX features a full complement of active safety systems – including the Pre-Collision System, Vehicle Stability Control, Active Traction Control, Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution. Additional safety technologies and features include: Wide-view front and side monitor system; back-up camera; 10 airbags; anchor points for child seats and child protector rear door locks; LED brake lamps and Daytime Running Lamps; the Lexus adaptive front lighting system and automatic headlamp system; and an onboard first-aid kit.
Luxury knows no compromise in the LX 570. Every LX is equipped with flagship-worthy luxury and comfort features, including:
- a 19-speaker, 7.1-channel, 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound System with USB audio input, Bluetooth capability, the automatic sound levelizer system and steering wheel-mounted audio controls; four-zone independent automatic climate control; a dual-seatback DVD entertainment system with 7” VGA screens, two sets of wireless headphones, and an audio/DVD remote control;
- premium, perforated leather seat surfaces; heated and ventilated, power adjustable front seats; three-setting driver’s seat memory system linked to steering column and external mirrors; heated middle-row outboard seats with a 40/20/40 split/fold seatback; 50/50 split third row seats with power fold-away feature;
- a voice-activated HDD-based navigation system with 8” display; multi-information display with Lexus customizable features; Optitron instrumentation; a trip computer; dynamic radar cruise control;
- the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start and wallet-sized smart key; power windows with auto up/down for all windows and window jam protection; power door locks with keyless entry; power rear door with jam protection;
- mahogany wood interior trim and leather door trim; a wood and leather wrapped heated steering wheel and shift knob; 120-volt power outlet; 12V accessory power outlet with retained accessory power; integrated garage door opener; a front console cool box; intuitive parking assist; an on-board tool kit; anti-theft system; auto-dimming, heated, power-folding exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps; power moon roof;
- a towing hitch with 7-pin wiring harness; illuminated running boards; roof-mounted spoiler; rain-sensing wipers; fog lamps; and more.
The 2014 Lexus LX 570 is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/lx
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 36 dealers across Canada. With 13 Lexus models on the road today, five of them being hybrids, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit: www.lexus.ca