Improved power, fuel efficiency and environmental sophistication join advanced and intuitive standard features at a competitive price
(TORONTO) – Environmental leadership and social consciousness meet advanced technology, dynamic performance, and luxury to create the all-new 2010 Lexus RX 450h – the second generation, L-finesse inspired update of the pioneering luxury hybrid crossover. Complete with standard luxurious and intuitive features and technologies, at a manufacturer’s suggested starting price of $59,500, the new RX hybrid delivers additional horsepower, improved fuel efficiency, plus environmental excellence.
“The future of luxury motoring requires the most advanced technologies, not for technologies’ sake, but to deliver performance, fuel efficiency, intuitive and advanced technologies that drivers desire without compromise on luxury,” noted Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “With the all-new, second-generation 2010 Lexus RX 450h, Canadians will discover that Lexus is the only luxury manufacturer in the world with a hybrid lineup, which also includes the GS 450h, LS 600h L and the upcoming HS 250h; Lexus hybrids offer a winning combination of hybrid power, fuel efficiency and environmental sophistication.”
All 2010 Lexus RX 450h models feature an all-new Lexus Hybrid Drive built around a larger, more powerful, yet more efficient 3.5L V6 Atkinson Cycle engine coupled to high torque electric motors and a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The result is a gain 10 % in horsepower – up to 295 HP – and a 16% improvement in combined city/highway fuel efficiency. New technologies include a Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation System (EGR) which improves fuel efficiency and reduces smog-forming emissions, and an Exhaust Heat Recovery System (EHR), which improves efficiency in cold-starting conditions. A new EV mode switch that enables the RX hybrid to be driven short distances in electric-only mode, plus all-wheel-drive AWD, Hybrid SNOW mode, sequential shift capabilities, plus a full suite of handling and safety technologies such as the state of the art Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management system (VDIM), Lexus hybrid regenerative braking system, and Lexus Electronically Controlled Hydraulic Braking system.
The 2010 RX hybrid is now on sale at Lexus dealers across Canada starting at an MSRP of $59,500; it comes well-equipped with the following advanced and luxury standard features:
- Audio: 9 speaker audio system with in-dash six-disc CD changer; Integrated XM Satellite Radio and steering wheel audio controls;
- Dual zone automatic climate control;
- Ultra comfortable perforated leather seat surfaces with heated and ventilated front seats;
- Organic LED multi information display with Lexus customizable features;
- Back-up camera and compass integrated into the auto-dimming rear view mirror;
- Power rear door with jam protection;
- Safety: class-leading 10 airbags; Lexus Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection;
- Lighting: high intensity discharge Bi-Xenon headlamps with an automatic high beam feature, adaptive front lighting system, and auto levelling headlamp system, plus high visibility LED brake lamps;
- Touch-sensor locks on the front door handles;
- Power moon roof, and more.
The open road beckons for owners of the 2010 Lexus RX 450h with Touring Package. Starting at a suggested $62,900, this package includes…
- 19” aluminum alloy wheels;
- Voice-activated hard disc navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch navigator;
- Audio: upgraded audio system with 12 speakers, rear subwoofer and USB audio input;
- XM Satellite real-time traffic capability;
- Wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
The ultimate in next-generation luxury and technology can be found in the 2010 Lexus RX 450h with Ultra Premium Package. With an MSRP starting at $72,000, this fully-equipped package includes all the features of the Touring Package, and adds the following:
- LED headlamps; the Lexus Pre-Collision System;
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control;
- Premium leather seat surfaces;
- Audio: 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system with 7.1-channel speaker architecture and six-disc DVD changer;
- Safety: Lexus Wide-View Monitor System; Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist System; Lexus Heads-Up Display; Pre-collision System
- Power retractable folding exterior mirrors;
- Front seat power thigh support;
- Roof rail crossbars;
- Front illuminated doorsill trim;
- Dual screen rear seat DVD entertainment system with audio and DVD remote control and two sets of wireless headphones; plus a 115v/400-watt power outlet.
The 2010 Lexus RX 450h is now available at Lexus dealership showrooms across Canada.