(TORONTO) – Lexus Canada invites guests to experience the inspired style and refinement of the 2011 Lexus ES 350 luxury sedan.
A new Touring Edition joins the lineup, adding High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps (with Adaptive Front Lighting System), a rear spoiler and premium alloy wheels.
“With its signature luxury and elegance, the ES 350 is the epitome of effortless performance, serene ride, and class-leading standard amenities,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We’re pleased to offer our guests a unique Touring Edition for 2011 – perfect for long-distance motoring moments.”
Power and performance
The 2011 ES 350’s 3.5L V6 and ultra-smooth six-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission (Super ECT) with sequential multi-mode shifter and overdrive deliver outstanding power and responsive performance while providing impressive fuel efficiency. Lexus engineering for optimized performance, ride comfort and efficiency can be found throughout the powertrain – from the Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) and acoustic control induction system (ACIS) to the Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), electronic fuel injection, two-way exhaust control and uphill/downhill shift logic.
The engine produces a peak 268 horsepower and up to 248 lb-ft of torque, a fuel efficiency rating of 9.3 L per 100 KM (combined city/highway), and a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and control
Sophisticated handling and control technologies provide an exceptionally smooth and comfortable ride, fitting of the ES 350’s reputation as the elegant sedan. Stabilizer bars fitted front and rear work with the specially tuned suspension, while the confidence of front-wheel-drive is further enhanced with Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC).
Every ES 350 is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- Power assisted front ventilated disc brakes and rear disc brakes are enhanced with the Lexus Antilock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies
- Every ES 350 features a class-leading 10 airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags and front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags, rear seat side airbags)
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, pre-tensioners and force limiters on the seatbelts in the front and outside rear seating positions, plus Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection, anchor points for child protector seats, child-protector rear door locks, and a first-aid kit
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system
Luxury features with no compromise
Every 2011 Lexus ES 350 is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- Eight-speaker Lexus premium audio system with six-disc CD changer, MP3 capability, auto sound levelizer, Bluetooth connectivity, integrated XM Satellite Radio, auxiliary input jack for portable music players, the Radio Data System and Title Display and more;
- Dual zone automatic climate control with auto air recirculation system, dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Ten-way power adjustable and heated driver and front passenger seats, plus a two-setting driver seat memory system;
- High-visibility Optitron Electronic Analogue gauges with multifunction display, tachometer, ECO indicator, outside temperature gauge, digital clock and more;
- Refined interior finishes including woodgrain trim, rear seat reading lamps, and LED illumination system, a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob;
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass, plus dual illuminated vanity mirrors;
- Plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage including a front centre console box, front seat back pockets, illuminated/locking glovebox, front and rear cupholders, door map pockets and interior trunk/cargo access;
- Power door locks with the Lexus Smart Key system with push-button start, keyless entry with trunk release and key lockout protection;
- Power windows with auto up/down on all windows, tinted glass, water repellent front door glass and high solar energy absorbing window glass;
- Anti-theft system with engine immobilizer;
- A modern, sophisticated exterior design featuring 17” aluminum alloy wheels, dual power-adjustable heated mirrors linked to driver seat memory system, with auto-dimming feature, integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps, and auto tilting reverse function, front and rear splash guards, a power tilt/slide moon roof, chrome trim and door handles and more;
- Projector-style halogen headlamps with the Lexus Light Control System, plus fog lamps, variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers and more.
The already generously-equipped 2011 Lexus ES 350 may be enhanced with a broad selection of available options packages.
All new for 2011, the Touring Edition features a rear spoiler, high intensity discharge headlamps with the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting System, and premium alloy wheels.
The Navigation Package features a voice activated hard disc based navigation system, ventilation fans for the driver and front passenger seats and a USB input to the audio system.
The Premium Package with Navigation builds on the Navigation Package, adding: A wood steering wheel and shift knob, passenger seat memory system, power variable cushion length adjustment on the driver’s seat, a power rear window sunshade, clearance and back-up sensor, plus high intensity discharge headlamps with the dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System.
For the ultimate ES 350, the Ultra Premium Package with Navigation builds on the Premium Package with Navigation by adding: premium alloy wheels, a 14-speaker Mark Levinson audio system with six-disc CD changer, premium leather seat surfaces, a panoramic glass roof and more.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus ES 350 luxury sedan is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $42,150.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.