TORONTO, ON – Lexus of Canada invites guests to experience the exhilaration of slipping behind the wheel of the 2011 Lexus GS 350 AWD. With an abundance of power, innovation and luxury amenities, the Lexus GS 350 AWD delivers uncompromising performance without a hint of sacrifice while delivering remarkable driving confidence and poise in all weather and road conditions.
“The 2011 GS 350 delivers the same impressive power our guests have come to expect from this vehicle but with the added confidence and security of all wheel drive,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We’re confident that the exceptional performance combined with classic Lexus luxury finishes will satisfy and thrill even the most discerning of Canadian drivers.”
Luxury features with no compromise.
The GS 350 AWD is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- Leather coverings for seating, door trim, steering wheel and shift knob, birds eye maple wood trim accents, dual-zone automatic climate control, 10-speaker audio system with six-disc CD changer with USB input, 10-way power adjustable heated front seats with 3 setting memory system, power tilt and telescoping steering, illuminated entry system
- Water repellent door glass, , power moon roof, and more
- Smart Key system with Push Button Start
- Power heated folding auto-dimming heated exterior mirrors fitted with puddle lamps and linked to seat memory system
Performance and handling
The 2011 GS 350 AWD features a powerful and refined 3.5L 24-valve V6 with dual variable valve timing, direct injection system, acoustic control induction system, and more. The advanced V6 delivers 303 horsepower and 274 lb-ft of torque in a seamless refined power delivery. This exceptional engine is mated to a six-speed automatic with sequential shift control for added driver control. For slippery conditions, the transmission offers a Snow Mode for easier acceleration from a standstill.
Every GS 350 is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- The all-wheel-drive GS features a highly responsive electric power steering that works in conjunction with the Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) for enhanced stability control. Other technologies include Traction Control and Hill Start Assist Control
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes with the Anti-lock Braking System include Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution for enhanced braking performance
- Eight airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags)
- Active front headrests with whiplash protection, all-position adjustable headrests and three-point lap and shoulder belts, plus anchor points for child protector seats and an onboard first aid kit
- Rain-sensing wipers, , auto levelling HID headlamps with adaptive front lighting system, headlamp washers and fog lamps – plus fast-acting high visibility LED rear brake lamps
The 2011 Lexus GS 350 AWD may be ordered with two packages.
- Add the Premium Package and enjoy driver and front passenger seats with built-in ventilation fans, intuitive parking assist system, a hard-drive based navigation system with integrated back-up camera and a rear spoiler.
- Add the Ultra Premium Package and enjoy all of the above features, plus a Mark Levinson audio system with six disc DVD changer and 14 speakers, rear seat side airbags, a power rear window sunshade, and the convenience of a wallet-sized smart card key.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus GS 350 AWD is now on sale across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $54,650.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian and distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. An industry leader for product quality and ownership satisfaction, Lexus has sold over 130,000 vehicles in Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.lexus.ca or www.media.lexus.ca.