(TORONTO) – Lexus of Canada invites guests seeking the advanced expression of contemporary luxury to test drive the 2011 Lexus HS 250h – the world’s first dedicated luxury hybrid sedan.
“The 2011 Lexus HS 250h delivers the highest standard of advanced motoring – including remarkable fuel efficiency and emissions ratings, inspiring performance, advanced luxury features, and more,” explained Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Our Canadian guests can choose from two very well equipped models – at Premium and Premium Luxury levels – and know they are driving the ultimate expression of contemporary, sustainable luxury.”
Highlights for 2011
- Heated front seats now standard equipment on all models;
- Wood trim added to door and centre console on all models as standard equipment.
Power and performance
The 2011 HS 250h is powered by an advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive, built around a powerful yet efficient 2.4L four-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine with two high-torque electric motors, a powerful hybrid battery, and sophisticated powertrain management technology. Lexus engineering for performance and efficiency can be found throughout the hybrid powertrain – from the Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) and an exhaust heat recovery system to Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) and a choice of four drive settings: Normal, EV Mode, ECO Mode, and Power Mode.
Mated to an automatic Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), the Lexus Hybrid Drive delivers quick, smooth acceleration and 21st century luxury performance: The HS 250h generates up to 187 net horsepower while achieving a fuel efficiency rating of 5.7 L per 100 KM (combined city/highway) and qualifying as a low emissions, Tier 2 Bin 3 vehicle. That’s the equivalent fuel efficiency of a conventional subcompact, and a 70 per cent reduction in smog-forming emissions versus a comparable gasoline- or diesel-engine sedan.
Handling and control
Pick the drive mode to suit your situation. In addition to Normal, the HS 250h can be operated in Power Mode, ECO Mode, or EV Mode. Power Mode delivers up to 17 per cent greater acceleration than Normal – making the HS 250h great at climbing hills. ECO Mode helps boost fuel efficiency. EV Mode allows the HS 250h to be driven exclusively by the electric motor with zero emissions – great for rolling out of a garage or other enclosed area.
Advanced performance delivers exceptional agility and control, and the HS 250h ably demonstrates this with its front wheel drive, highly responsive electric power steering, and a thoughtfully engineered suspension system that enhances handling and ride comfort. The independent front and double wishbone rear suspensions feature Macpherson gas struts, coil springs and stabilizer bars.
Technology enhancements include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with an off switch and Traction Control (TRAC).
Every HS 250h is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- Front ventilated disc brakes and rear disc brakes are enhanced with the Lexus Antilock Braking System, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Brake Assist and Smart Stop Technology, plus the hybrid-unique enhancements of an electronically controlled hydraulic braking system and integrated regenerative braking, which captures braking energy and stores it in the hybrid drive for later use.
- Every HS 250h features a class-leading 10 airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags, rear seat side airbags)
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, and front seat pretensioners and force limiters, plus Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection, anchor points for child protector seats and a first-aid kit
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system
- A carefully engineered impact absorbing body structure helps protect the driver and passengers in the HS, as well as occupants of other vehicles
- Safety starts with seeing, so every HS 250h is standard equipped with halogen headlamps enhanced with the Lexus Automatic Headlamp System and Fog Lamps
- Available safety technologies include a back-up camera, rain sensing wipers, automatic high beams and more.
Luxury features with no compromise
The 2011 Lexus HS 250h is available in two models, generously equipped with comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities.
The 2011 Lexus HS 250h Premium features: 10-speaker audio system with six-disc CD changer, auxiliary audio input jack, USB audio input, Bluetooth capability, Integrated XM Satellite Radio and steering wheel-mounted audio controls, dual-zone automatic climate control with pollen, dust and odour filter and rear seat heater ducts, leather seat surfaces throughout, heated, eight-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats, electroluminescent instrumentation as part of a full gauge cluster including an ECO indicator, power meter, organic LED multi-information display, and more; auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass, power windows with auto up/down function and window jam protection on all windows, a sophisticated, advanced cabin featuring woodgrain trim, walnut wood trim, leather door trim, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel on a power tilt/telescoping steering column, plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage, cruise control; integrated garage door opener, the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start, power door locks with keyless entry and remote trunk release, 17” aluminum alloy wheels, dual power adjustable heated mirrors with integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps, power moon roof, rear spoiler and more.
The 2011 Lexus HS 250h Premium Luxury model features all the above items, with the following enhancements: a plasma cluster to reduce germs in the climate control system; premium leather seat surfaces, heated and ventilated front seats, a driver seat and front passenger seat memory system, a driver memory system on the steering wheel column, a voice-activated hard disc-based navigation system with Lexus Remote Touch controller, 8” display and integrated back-up camera, an ECO Drive monitor, 18” aluminum alloy wheels, rain sensing wipers and more.
The 2011 Lexus HS 250h Premium Luxury model may also be ordered with the Ultra Premium options package, which adds: 15-speaker Mark Levinson surround sound audio system, rear window sunshade and LED headlamps with the Lexus Automatic Highbeam Feature, auto levelling headlamp system, adaptive front lighting system and headlamp washers.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus HS 250h dedicated luxury hybrid sedan is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $40,850.
- 30 -
About Lexus of Canada.
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.