(TORONTO) – Lexus Canada invites guests to experience the legendary craftsmanship and innovation of the 2011 Lexus LS 460 flagship luxury sedan.
“Guests will enjoy the LS 460’s elegant, contemporary styling, outstanding performance and remarkable ride quality – in a way that only Lexus can deliver,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We’re pleased to offer our guests greater flexibility through updated “options” packages for 2011 – making it even easier to tailor the perfect Lexus LS 460 to all of life’s perfect moments.”
Highlights for 2011
- Each model – the LS 460 RWD, LS 460 AWD and LS 460 L AWD – now available in 3 configurations
- 19” alloy wheels added to the Technology Package for the LS 460 RWD
- A new Sport Appearance Package adds a skirt package and sport grille to the LS 460 AWD
- 110V AC outlet added to the Executive Package for the LS 460 L AWD
Power and performance
The 2011 LS 460’s highly advanced 4.6L V8 and remarkably sophisticated eight-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission (Super ECT) with sequential multi-mode shifter deliver effortless acceleration, quick yet smooth shifts. Lexus engineering for optimum performance, ride comfort and efficiency can be found throughout the powertrain – from the Variable Valve Timing with intelligence and electric camshaft control (VVT-iE) and acoustic control induction system (ACIS) to the Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), two-way direct and port fuel injection and more.
In the all-wheel-drive models, the engine produces up to 357 horsepower and up to 344 lb-ft of torque and a fuel efficiency rating of 11.3 L per 100 KM (combined city/highway). The LS 460 RWD enjoys even greater performance, at 380 peak horsepower, up to 367 lb-ft of torque and a 10.8 L per 100 KM combined fuel efficiency. All models achieve a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and control
A contemporary luxury sedan needs contemporary handling to match – and the LS 460 delivers the sophisticated handling and control worthy of a flagship model. Lexus technologies provide an exceptionally smooth and comfortable ride. All models feature highly-responsive electric power steering, the state of the art Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, plus Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC).
The front suspension features carefully-engineered anti-dive and anti-squat geometry. Front and rear suspensions are independent, multi-link design – with coil springs, stabilizer bars, and anti-vibration sub-frames.
Every LS 460 is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- Power assisted front and rear ventilated disc brakes feature an electronically controlled braking system (ECB), enhanced with the Lexus Antilock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies, plus an electrically-applied parking brake
- Every LS 460 features an eight-airbag system (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags) - some options packages add two rear seat side airbags for added protection
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with power adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, pre-tensioners and force limiters on the seatbelts in the front and outside rear seating positions, plus anchor points for child seats, child-protector rear door locks, and a first-aid kit
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system
- High-intensity discharge projector headlamps with the Lexus Light Control System and Adaptive Front Lighting System, plus fog lamps, headlamp washers, and more
- Variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers, fast-acting high visibility LED rear tail lamps, a backup camera integrated into the navigation system, the advanced parking guidance system, intuitive parking assist, and more
Luxury features with no compromise
Every 2011 Lexus LS 460 is equipped with flagship levels of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- A 450-watt, 19-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system with six-disc DVD changer, 5.1-channel audio architecture, auxiliary audio input jack and USB connection for portable music players, the Automatic Sound Levelizer System, Bluetooth connectivity, the Radio Data System, integrated XM Satellite Radio, steering wheel-mounted audio controls and more
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with soft-touch heater controls, dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts; Climate control front seats and heated rear seats
- A 16-way power adjustable drivers seat and 12-way power adjustable front passenger seat, plus a three-setting driver seat and one-setting passenger seat memory system, leather or premium leather seat surfaces
- Electronic analogue gauges with thin-film transistor multifunction display, tachometer, outside temperature gauge and more
- A voice activated hard disc-based navigation system with integrated back-up camera
- Refined interior finishes including wood grain trim, a heated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel on a power tilting/telescoping column, and a wood and leather-wrapped shift knob
- An auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and dual-illuminated vanity mirrors
- Water repellent front door glass, high solar energy-absorbing window glass, and front windshield acoustic glass
- Plenty of thoughtful storage, including interior trunk/cargo access, a cargo net, a front centre console box, front seat back pockets, front and rear cupholders and more
- Luxury amenities including a power assisted trunk closer, 12 volt accessory power outlet with retained accessory power, the Smart Key System with Push Button Start and a wallet sized smart card key, power door locks with key lockout protection, power windows with auto up/down function and variable speed control on all windows and more
- An advanced, contemporary exterior design with power tilt moon roof with sunshade, 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks, dual power and heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors linked to seat memory, with puddle lamps and integrated signal lamps and more
- The long-wheelbase Lexus LS 460 L features more rear-seat legroom, plus several unique amenities, including rear window acoustic glass, power assist doors with an automatic powered opening and closing trunk, dynamic radar cruise control, the additional security of the Lexus Pre-Collision System, the Lexus Automatic High Beam Feature and more
The already generously-equipped 2011 Lexus LS 460 may be enhanced with a broad selection of available options packages.
The Technology Package adds a suite of advanced technology comfort and safety systems. These include 19” aluminum alloy wheels, power assist doors with an automatic powered opening and closing trunk, dynamic radar cruise control, the additional security of the Lexus Pre-Collision System, the Lexus Automatic High Beam Feature, rear seat side airbags, power adjustable rear seats including a one-setting seat memory system, heated and air conditioned rear seats and a rear seat massage system.
The Sport Package builds on the Technology Package, adding special forged sport wheels, Brembo brake calipers rotors and brake pads, front sport seats, a rear underbody lip spoiler and front chin spoiler, a unique sport grille, paddle shifters, variable gear ratio electric power steering for sportier response, a sport tuned suspension, the Lexus Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and air suspension systems, P245/45R19 performance summer radials and unique alloy wheels.
Available packages for the LS 460 AWD
Add a bit of sporty style with the Sport Appearance Package, which adds a sport grille and a full skirt package.
Or enhance the LS 460 AWD with the Technology Package, which adds a suite of advanced technology comfort and safety systems. These include power assist doors with an automatic powered opening and closing trunk, dynamic radar cruise control, the additional security of the Lexus Pre-Collision System, the Lexus Automatic High Beam Feature, the Lexus Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and air suspension systems, rear seat side airbags, power adjustable rear seats including a one-setting seat memory system, heated and air conditioned rear seats, and a rear seat massage system.
Available packages for the LS 460 L AWD
The long-wheelbase LS 460 L AWD may be ordered with the Technology Package, which adds a suite of advanced technology comfort and safety systems. These include rear seat climate and audio controls, the Lexus Lane Keeping Assist, Obstacle Detection and Driver Monitoring Systems, Advanced Pre-Collision System, rear seat side airbags, a sunshade on the rear door glass, heated and air conditioned power adjustable rear seats, premium leather seat surfaces and rear seat massage system, escaine roof headlining, a wood and leather console box and Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps.
The Executive Package AWD builds on the above Technology Package, adding an infrared body temperature sensor to control the rear seat climate system, a rear seat entertainment system with DVD player, audio and DVD remote control, two sets of wireless head phones, and a nine-inch Liquid Crystal Display screen, a right rear seat with shiatsu massage system and retractable ottoman with ottoman seat cushion airbag, 110-Volt accessory power outlet, a leather covered lower instrument panel, variable gear ratio electric power steering, and the Lexus Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and air suspension systems.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus LS 460 flagship luxury sedan is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $83,100 for the rear wheel drive model, $85,450 for the all-wheel drive model, and $91,100 for the long-wheelbase all-wheel drive model.
About Lexus Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.