(TORONTO) – Lexus of Canada invites guests to experience the commanding presence – and performance – of the long-wheelbase 2011 Lexus LS 600h L hybrid flagship luxury sedan.
“Guests will enjoy the supreme performance and ultimate efficiency of the beautifully refined LS 600h L,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “With its advanced, driver-focused technology, finely crafted interiors, wealth of passenger amenities and high-performance powertrain, the LS 600h L makes a serene statement of self-assured, contemporary luxury – and for 2011, we have enhanced all models with the peace of mind of our Pre-Collision System as standard equipment.”
Highlights for 2011
- All models now feature the enhanced safety of the Lexus Pre-Collision System as standard equipment. This system senses an imminent collision and automatically adjusts the braking, seatbelt and suspension to reduce the potential for injuries
- 110V AC outlet is added to the Premium Executive Package
Hybrid power and performance
At the heart of the 2011 LS 600h L is a potent 5.0L V8 engine – impressive enough by itself, but truly awe-inspiring when coupled to a high-torque electric motor, a powerful battery and sophisticated powertrain management systems to create a Lexus Hybrid Drive experience uniquely tailored to this prestige sedan.
Lexus engineering for performance, ride comfort and efficiency can be found throughout the powertrain – from the Variable Valve Timing with intelligence and electric camshaft control (VVT-iE) and the Acoustic Control Induction System to the Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), two-way direct and port fuel injection, and more.
The all-wheel-drive LS 600h L benefits from a commanding 438 net horsepower rating – available across a broad speed range.
The dual-mode electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (CVT) with sequential multi-mode shifter delivers remarkable yet effortless acceleration.
As a Lexus Hybrid, the LS 600h L maximizes fuel efficiency and never needs to be plugged in. The LS-hybrid enjoys impressive fuel efficiency of 9.9 L per 100 KM (city/highway combined) and a Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating – equally impressive in a prestige luxury vehicle.
Handling and control
A prestige luxury sedan needs advanced handling – and the LS 600h L delivers the sophisticated handling and control worthy of a prestige model. Lexus technologies provide an exceptionally smooth and comfortable ride. All models feature the driving confidence of all-wheel drive, highly-responsive variable gear ratio electric power steering, the state of the art Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, plus Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC).
The front suspension features carefully-engineered anti-dive and anti-squat geometry. Front and rear suspensions are independent, multi-link design – with coil springs, stabilizer bars, and anti-vibration sub-frames. In addition, front and rear suspensions are enhanced with air suspension and Lexus Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) technologies, which automatically adjust to road surfaces and driving conditions to deliver optimum handling and ride quality.
Every LS 600h L is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- Power assisted front and rear ventilated disc brakes feature an electronically controlled braking system (ECB), enhanced with the Lexus Antilock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies, plus an electrically-applied parking brake. In addition, as a hybrid the LS 600h L employs a regenerative braking system to capture energy for re-use by the Lexus Hybrid Drive
- Every LS 600h L features an eight-airbag system (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags). The Premium Executive Package adds two rear seat side airbags and the world’s first ottoman seat cushion airbag for added protection
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with power adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, pre-tensioners and force limiters on the seatbelts in the front and outside rear seating positions, plus anchor points for child seats, child-protector rear door locks, and a first-aid kit
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system
- High-visibility and ultra-efficient Light Emitting Diode (LED) headlamps with Lexus hybrid blue accents, plus the Lexus Light Control System, Adaptive Front Lighting System, Automatic Highbeam Feature and Auto Levelling, fog lamps, headlamp washers and more
- Variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers and fast-acting high visibility LED rear tail lamps with Lexus hybrid blue accents
- All models feature the Lexus Pre-Collision System, a clearance and back-up sensor, backup camera integrated into the navigation system, the advanced parking guidance system, intuitive parking assist and more
Luxury features with no compromise
Every 2011 Lexus LS 600h L is equipped with flagship levels of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- A 450-watt, 19-speaker Mark Levinson Audio system with six-disc DVD changer, 5.1-channel audio architecture, auxiliary audio input jack and USB connection for portable music players, the Automatic Sound Levelizer System, Bluetooth connectivity, the Radio Data System, a hard-disc drive server, integrated XM Satellite Radio, steering wheel-mounted audio controls and more
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with soft-touch heater controls, dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts; Climate control front seats and heated rear seats
- A 16-way power adjustable drivers seat and 12-way power adjustable front passenger seat, plus a three memory setting driver seat; Premium leather seat surfaces throughout
- A thin-film transistor LCD gauge cluster with ECO indicator, tachometer; outside temperature gauge and more
- A voice activated hard disc-based navigation system with integrated back-up camera
- Refined interior finishes including escaine roof head lining, woodgrain trim, a heated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel on a power tilting/telescoping column, a wood and leather-wrapped shift knob, leather covered lower instrument panel and door armrests and more
- An auto-dimming rear-view mirror and dual-illuminated vanity mirrors
- Water repellent front door glass, high solar energy-absorbing window glass, and front and rear window acoustic glass
- Plenty of thoughtful storage, including a front centre console box, upper and lower glove boxes, front seat back pockets, front and rear cupholders and more
- Luxury amenities including a power assisted trunk closer, 12 volt accessory power outlet with retained accessory power, power assisted doors and automatic powered opening/closing trunk lid, the Smart Key System with Push Button Start and a wallet sized smart card key, power door locks with key lockout protection, power windows with auto up/down function and variable speed control on all windows, power rear door and rear window sunshades and more
- An advanced, contemporary exterior design with power tilt moon roof with sunshade, 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks, dual power and heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors linked to seat memory, with puddle lamps and integrated signal lamps, Lexus hybrid blue accented logos and badging and more
The already generously-equipped 2011 Lexus LS 600h L may be enhanced with the Premium Executive Package. This adds many luxury, technology and convenience features, including: four-zone independent climate control with infrared body temperature sensor for the rear seat; a rear seat entertainment system with DVD player, audio and DVD remote control, 9” Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), and two sets of wireless headphones; the Lexus Lane Keeping Assist, Obstacle Detection, and Driver Monitoring Systems; A retractable ottoman in the right rear seat; rear seat side airbags and ottoman seat cushion airbag (for a total of 11); a 12-volt power supply in the rear seat armrest; heated and air conditioned rear seats, plus the right rear seat is equipped with the Lexus rear seat memory system in the with one setting and a shiatsu massage system; a milliwave radar cruise control system; a 110 volt accessory power outlet and more.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus LS 600h L hybrid flagship luxury sedan is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $121,750.
- 30 -
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.