(TORONTO) – Lexus of Canada today invites guests seeking no-compromise quality, segment leading utility, luxury comfort and state of the art styling, innovation and technology to experience the 2011 Lexus LX 570 flagship luxury SUV.
“The Lexus LX 570 is the very definition of full-size luxury – a powerful and capable, yet astonishingly sophisticated, full-size SUV that rises to the occasion, wherever the road takes our Canadian guests,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Pursuing maximum moments of adventure in the comfort of a true luxury vehicle has never been more rewarding.”
Power and performance
The 2011 LX 570 delivers an unparalleled, powerful driving experience regardless of terrain. It starts with a powerful yet surprisingly quiet and efficient 5.7L V8 specially tuned to the unique demands of the LX 570, and coupled to a six-speed Super ECT automatic transmission with overdrive. Dual variable valve timing with intelligence, sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection, electronic throttle control system with intelligence and other technologies deliver greater torque on demand and more efficient power, while enabling the LX 570 to achieve an impressive fuel efficiency rating of 14.5L/100KM combined city/highway and Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and control
Impressive suspension, handling and steering qualities set the LX 570 in a class by itself. Full-time four-wheel-drive delivers maximum driving confidence in all weather and road conditions, plus the handling and control benefits of the Lexus Vehicle Stability Control and Active Traction Control technologies, Hill-start Assist Control, and Downhill Assist Control. Meanwhile, the Lexus Crawl Control system enables driving at a constant, super-slow speed to safely navigate gravel, moguls and other unstable surfaces.
The LX 570’s front suspension features a double-wishbone design fitted with lower torsion bars, while the rear suspension is a four-link style with live axle. These are further enhanced by Active Height Control and Adaptive Variable Suspension systems to deliver stable driving performance wherever the LX 570 goes – in town, on the highway, or off-road.
Every LX 570 is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- Power assisted front and rear ventilated disc brakes are enhanced with the Lexus Multi-terrain Anti-lock Braking System, Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies
- 10 airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags and front, rear and head/side curtain airbags, rear seat side airbags)
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, plus anchor points for child protector seats, child-protector rear door locks and a first-aid kit
- Numerous standard safety features such as window jam protection, Wide View monitor system, and a back-up camera
- Projector-style halogen headlamps with washers, Adaptive Front Lighting, fog lamps and fast-acting, high visibility, long-life LED brake lamps
Luxury features with no compromise
The LX 570 is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- Four-zone independent automatic climate control with dust/pollen/odour air filter and rear seat heater ducts
- Nine-speaker audio system with six-disc CD changer, USB and auxiliary audio inputs for portable music players, Bluetooth capability, integrated XM Satellite Radio and steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Perforated leather seat surfaces; 8-way power adjustable driver seat with three-setting driver memory seat system; 8-way power adjustable front passenger seat; heated and air ventilated front seats; 40/20/40 split fold and tumble middle row seats with heated outboard seats; 50/50 split and stow third row seats
- A full-featured instrument cluster built around electroluminescent gauges, the Wide View front and side monitor system, back-up camera, tachometer, multi-information display with Lexus customizable features, trip computer and more
- Voice activated hard-disc based navigation system
- Power door locks, keyless entry with Lexus Smart Key System, Push Button Start, and wallet-sized Smart Card Key
- Integrated garage door opener; retained accessory power; 12-volt accessory power outlet; 115-volt/400-watt power outlet in cargo area
- A luxuriously finished interior, featuring wood and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; leather door trim; birds eye maple wood trim; illuminated entry system; LED map lights and more
- A sophisticated exterior design, featuring 20” aluminum alloy wheels with locks, power-folding/adjustable/reverse auto-tilting and heated mirrors with integrated puddle lamps, illuminated running boards, chrome finished door handles and grille, roof-mounted spoiler, roof rails and crossbars, power moonroof and more
- Towing hitch with 7-pin trailer wiring harness
The 2011 Lexus GX 570 may be ordered with the Ultra Premium Package, which features additional technology and luxury. This package includes: Unique alloy wheel finish; a 19-speaker, 450-watt Mark Levinson Surround Sound Audio System with hard disc drive and 7.1-channel speaker architecture; a rear seat DVD entertainment system with 9-inch power LCD screen, two sets of wireless headphones and a remote control; the Lexus Pre-Collision System; Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with milli-wave radar; premium leather seat surfaces; a front console cool box; illuminated “Lexus” scuff plates and more.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus LX 570 flagship luxury SUV is now on sale across Canada with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $89,950.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.