(TORONTO) – Lexus of Canada invites guests seeking inspired style, luxury and performance to test drive the Canadian-built 2011 Lexus RX 350 luxury SUV.
“With its signature calm, quite ride and responsive handling, the powerful and efficient RX 350 features an array of driver-focused innovations and advanced safety technology, making it a perennial favourite with Canadian drivers,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “We’re pleased to offer our guests an extensive choice of option packages so they may design and order an RX that’s perfect for their unique pursuit of luxury.”
Highlights for 2011
- A revised arrangement of the in-cabin 12V DC outlets makes it easier to plug in portable electronics
- New Ultra Premium 1 Package features Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management, premium leather seat surfaces, 15-speaker Mark Levinson audio system, wide-view side monitor system, intuitive parking assist and more
Power and performance
The 2011 RX 350’s 3.5L V6 and sequential six-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission (Super ECT) deliver outstanding power and responsive performance while providing impressive fuel efficiency.
Lexus engineering for performance and efficiency can be found throughout the powertrain – from the Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) and acoustic control induction system (ACIS) to the uphill/downhill shift logic control and two-way exhaust control.
The engine produces a peak 275 horsepower and up to 257 lb-ft of torque, with a 3,500 lb towing rating, a fuel efficiency rating of 10.1 L per 100 KM (combined city/highway) and a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and control
Exceptional agility and control are hallmarks of the Lexus RX 350, thanks to highly responsive electric power steering, plus an independent front suspension and uniquely designed double wishbone rear suspension, enhanced by a suite of Lexus handling and control technologies including the Active Torque Control System, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC) and Hill start Assist Control (HAC).
Every RX 350 is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems:
- Front ventilated disc brakes and rear disc brakes are enhanced with the Lexus Antilock Braking System with Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution technologies
- Every RX 350 features a class-leading 10 airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags and front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags, rear seat side airbags)
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts with adjustable B-pillar shoulder belt anchors, pre-tensioners and force limiters on the seatbelts in the front and outside rear seating positions, plus Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection, anchor points for child protector seats and a first-aid kit
- Projector-style halogen headlamps with washers; fast-acting, high visibility, long-life LED brake lamps; variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers with a wiper de-icer system and more.
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system.
In addition, the RX 350 may be ordered with options packages that include additional safety systems, including Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), the Lexus Automatic High Beam Feature, Auto Levelling Headlamp System, Adaptive Front Lighting System, a back-up camera and more.
Luxury features with no compromise
The 2011 Lexus RX 350 is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. The standard features include:
- Nine-speaker audio system with six-disc CD changer, MP3 capability, auto sound levelizer, Bluetooth connectivity, integrated XM Satellite Radio, steering wheel-mounted audio controls and more
- Dual zone automatic climate control with dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts
- Eight-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats, plus 60/40 folding/sliding rear seats with remote release in cargo area
- A full suite of controls and gauges including an Organic LED multi-information display with Lexus customizable features, electroluminescent gauges and an ECO drive indicator
- Refined interior finishes including real wood trim and a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass, plus dual illuminated vanity mirrors
- Plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage including overhead sunglass storage, driver and passenger opening door pockets, centre console box with armrest, front seat back pockets, front and rear cup holders, plus cargo area tie-down rings and specialized storage compartments
- Power door locks with the Lexus Smart Key system with push-button start, plus front door handle touch sensors for locking and unlocking the vehicle
- Anti-theft system with engine immobilizer
- A modern, sophisticated exterior design featuring 18” aluminum alloy wheels, dual power-adjustable heated mirrors with integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps, rear bumper protector, front and rear splash guards, roof rails, a roof-mounted spoiler and more
The already generously-equipped 2011 Lexus RX 350 may be enhanced with a broad selection of available options packages.
The Premium Package 1 adds: a driver’s seat memory system, heated and ventilated front seats with perforated leather seat surfaces, power rear door with jam protection, auto-dimming side-view mirrors and more.
The Premium Package 2 includes all Premium Package 1 items, plus: Bi-Xenon high intensity discharge headlamps, the automatic high beam feature, auto leveling headlamp system and adaptive front lighting system and an auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated back-up camera.
The Touring Package builds on the Premium Package 2 with larger, 19” aluminum alloy wheels, plus: A voice-activated hard disc based navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch controller; a 12-speaker Lexus premium audio system with rear subwoofer and USB audio input; and a wallet-sized Lexus Smart Card key. In addition, the back-up camera feeds its images to the navigation system’s larger display.
The Sport Package builds on the Touring Package by adding driving excitement, through: Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM); sport-tuned steering and suspension systems, unique alloy wheel finish and a heads-up instrumentation display.
The Ultra Premium Package 1 also builds on the Touring Package, with: VDIM, premium leather seat surfaces, front seat power thigh support, a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system with 7.1-channel architecture and in-dash six-disc DVD changer, the Lexus wide-view side monitor system, power retractable exterior mirrors, the Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist system, front illuminated doorsill trim and a wood and leather wrapped shift knob and steering wheel.
For the ultimate in luxury, the Ultra Premium Package 2 builds on the Ultra Premium Package 1, adding: a dual-screen rear seat DVD entertainment system with two sets of headphones and an audio/DVD remote control, a 115-volt/400-watt power outlet, roof rail crossbars and a heads-up instrumentation display.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus RX 350 luxury SUV is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $47,050.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.