(TORONTO) – High luxury, high power and high performance. The 2012 Lexus GX 460 is designed and engineered to convey up to seven people virtually anywhere, any time – on road or off, and in all weather – in unsurpassed style, comfort and safety. The GX 460’s beautifully finished body and civilized road manners are matched to a rugged body-on-frame construction and advanced handing and control technologies to tame the most formidable terrain, making it the ideal go-anywhere and do anything mid-size luxury SUV for adventurous Canadians.
Highlights for 2012
- All 2012 GX 460 models now feature High Intensity Discharge headlamps as standard equipment;
- All 2012 GX 460 models are equipped with front and rear clearance and back-up sonar systems as standard equipment;
- The 2012 GX 460 with Premium Package now includes semi-aniline leather seating surfaces and rear heated seats;
- The 2012 GX 460 Ultra Premium model now features unique alloy wheels and a cooled console box.
“The Lexus GX 460 is perfect for Canadian families who seek no-holds-barred adventure on their days off, yet also desire an easy-driving, comfortable and versatile luxury SUV for the work week,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “This year, we’ve enhanced the go-anywhere luxury GX 460 with new standard features and upgraded packages.”
Power and performance
The 2012 Lexus GX 460 features a 4.6L V8 that provides outstanding power and responsive performance. This engine is mated to a six-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission with gate type shifter, giving the GX 460 quick, smooth acceleration while delivering impressive fuel efficiency.
The V8 features Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i), Sequential Multiport Electronic Fuel Injection, an Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), an Acoustic Control Induction System and Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation System to boost overall engine performance and efficiency while minimizing emissions. The 2012 GX 460 delivers a peak 301 horsepower and up to 329 lb-ft of torque, with a 6,500 lb towing rating. At the same time, the GX 460 achieves a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 12.1L / 100 KM and a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and Control
Lexus GX 460 drivers will be delighted in the responsive steering, the delightfully luxurious road manners, and go-anywhere confidence of full-time four wheel drive enhanced by leading Lexus handling and control technologies.
Every GX 460 is standard equipped with an independent double-wishbone style front suspension with coil springs, and a four-link rear suspension both enhanced with the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS) to deliver uncompromising on-road and off-road performance. KDSS provides exceptional handling, stability and ride comfort on pavement, while helping to maximize traction and minimize tilt and roll when negotiating rugged or rocky terrain.
Additional standard technologies such as Hill Start Assist Control and Uphill/Downhill Shift Logic help smooth the ride when travelling hilly, winding roads, while the dual range full time four-wheel-drive allows the driver to select a low range for even more engine torque when required.
The 2012 Lexus GX 460 delivers advanced safety for driver, passengers, and those who share the road:
- All GX 460 models are standard equipped with Lexus active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. These include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) enhancements, and Lexus Smart Stop technology (SST);
- The GX 460 surrounds driver and passengers in a class-leading suite of 10 airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, rear seat side airbags, and side roll-sensing curtain airbags;
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident;
- Power-assisted and ventilated disc brakes on all wheels;
- All-position three point lap and shoulder belts plus pretensioners, force limiters and adjustable shoulder belt anchors for the front seats;
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks;
- An on-board first-aid kit;
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system;
- High visibility, fast-acting, long-lasting LED brake lamps;
- Advanced safety systems (available on the GX 460 Ultra Premium) – including the Lexus Pre-Collision System, Lexus Driver Monitoring System, Lexus Lane Departure Alert system, and Lexus Wide-View front and side monitor system
- And more.
The GX 460 features a comfortable, functional and luxurious interior with a generous collection of convenience and style features, including:
- A nine-speaker audio system featuring AM/FM stereo/CD with mp3/WMA audio capability; Bluetooth capability; Integrated XM Satellite Radio; and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with automatic air recirculation system, dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Seating for seven adults; eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat with two-setting memory system; eight-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat; a 40/20/40 split 2nd row seat with recline adjustment; and a power fold-flat 50/50 split 3rd row seat;
- Power door locks, an illuminated entry system, and the Lexus Smart Key system with Push Button Start;
- Power windows with up/down function on all windows, window jam protection, and privacy glass in the rear side and rear windows;
- Advanced instrumentation, including: Electroluminescent gauges; an Organic LED multi-information display with Lexus customizable features; an ECO indicator; tachometer; stand-alone back-up camera; trip computer; cruise control; and more;
- A contemporary, luxurious interior featuring leather seat surfaces and leather wrapped steering wheel, front console box with lid, sliding front centre console box, overhead console box, front seat back pockets, front illuminated and rear cup holders, locking glove box, a 12-volt accessory power outlet, and more;
- A four-spoke steering wheel on power tilting/telescoping steering column;
- An anti-theft system with engine immobilizer;
- A sophisticated exterior design, featuring: 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks, silver painted roof rails, power moon roof, chrome finished door handles, chrome grille, chrome trunk trim, illuminated running boards, and more;
- Dual heated exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps, linked to driver seat memory system;
- A four-pin and seven-pin trailer wiring harness and 6,500 lb towing rating;
- Auto-levelling high-intensity discharge headlamps with the Lexus Automatic High Beam feature (standard on Ultra Premium), Adaptive Front Lighting system, Automatic Headlamp system, fog lamps, and LED rear tail lamps;
- Variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers with wiper de-icer; rear window wiper/washer;
- And more.
Guests may also order the 2012 Lexus GX 460 Ultra Premium model, which includes: a dual-screen rear seat DVD entertainment system; three-zone independent automatic climate control; a 17-speaker, 330-watt Mark Levinson Premium Audio System with 7.1 channel surround sound speaker architecture; a cooled console box; semi-aniline leather trimmed interior and seat surfaces; heated 2nd row outboard seats; a voice activated hard disc based navigation system; Wide-View front and side monitor system; African Bubinga wood trim; wood and leather wrapped shift knob and heated steering wheel; illuminated “Lexus” scuff plates; milliwave radar cruise control; 120-volt/400-watt power outlet; the Lexus Pre-Collision System, Lexus Driver Monitoring System, and Lane Departure Alert system; Unique alloy wheels; electrochromatic side view mirrors; power retractable folding exterior mirrors; body side cladding; and headlamp washers.
Guests may also personalize their 2012 Lexus GX 460 from a range of Lexus parts and accessories. Consult the Lexus web site for the most up to date list of options by model.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Lexus GX 460 is now on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $62,200 for the GX 460 and $77,800 for the GX 460 Ultra Premium.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. With 5 models on the road today, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.