(TORONTO) – Sleek sport coupe and elegant convertible. The 2012 Lexus IS C gives Canadian guests the best of both with a retractable hardtop and a starting price of $49,100 MSRP.
Highlights for 2012
- A new Special Edition upgrade adds 18” aluminum alloy wheels and a red leather interior.
“Designed and engineered for outstanding style and performance – with the top down, or up – the IS C series features a beautifully refined interior, satisfying performance, and thoughtful amenities that make driving a pleasure, rain or shine,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “This year, we offer our luxury hardtop coupe-convertible in two models – the IS 250 C and IS 350 C – each with an available Special Edition Package that adds outstanding style.”
Power and performance
Guest may choose from two V6 engines – a potent yet efficient 2.5 L that delivers up to 204 horsepower and a peak 185 lb-ft of torque, or a powerful 3.5 L that generates 306 peak horsepower and up to 277 lb-ft of torque. Both feature 24 valves and dual overhead cams, Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i), the Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), the Acoustic Control Induction System (ACIS) and other systems to maximize power across a broad speed range while boosting efficiency and reducing emissions.
The IS 250 C and IS 350 C feature a six-speed automatic Super Electronically Controlled Transmission (Super ECT) with overdrive, sequential multi-mode shifter and paddle shifters. The IS 250 C also comes standard with a six-speed close-ratio manual transmission with overdrive. Combined city/highway fuel efficiency figures are as follows: IS 250 C (manual) – 8.4 L / 100 KM; IS 250 C (automatic) – 9.8 L / 100 KM; IS 350 C (automatic) – 9.9 L / 100 KM.
All IS C models achieve the Tier 2, Bin 5 emissions rating.
Handling and Control
Power needs control, and the IS C includes many driver-focused systems that deliver driving confidence. The rear-wheel-drive IS C series is standard-equipped with the Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) System. VDIM anticipates and corrects potential stability problems such as skids or slides to optimize handling and control.
Front and rear suspension systems feature gas shocks and coil springs, plus added stabilizer bars to enhance control and road feel to enhance agility, responsiveness and stability at highway speeds.
The IS C’s body is carefully engineered with an aerodynamic design and lightweight body rigidity for exceptional handling, steering response and stability.
For precise cornering and lane changes, the IS 250 C and IS 350 C are equipped with highly-responsive and efficient electric power steering.
The 2012 Lexus IS C series delivers advanced safety for driver, passengers, and those who share the road – Top up or down:
- IS C series vehicles are standard equipped with a full suite of Lexus active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. These include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System (ABS) with electronic brakeforce distribution and Brake Assist enhancements, and Lexus Smart Stop technology;
- The IS C’s body structure features enhancements specific to its convertible form to help ensure occupants are well protected against front, side and rear impact when the roof is open;
- The IS C surrounds driver and passengers with eight airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags. The seat side airbags are larger and mounted higher than in other Lexus IS models to help protect occupants’ heads and torsos in case of impact when the top is down. In addition, energy-absorbing pads are built into the doors for added protection;
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident;
- Front and rear disc brakes are ventilated to help shed heat build-up;
- Three point lap and shoulder belts in all four seating positions, including pretensioners and force limiters;
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats;
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system;
- High visibility, fast-acting, long-lasting LED brake lamps and LED daytime running lights;
- And more.
The IS C features a beautiful, contemporary and functional interior with a generous suite of convenience and style features, including:
- An eight-speaker Lexus Premium Audio System featuring AM/FM stereo/CD with mp3/WMA audio capability; six-disc CD changer; auxiliary audio input jack and USB audio input; Bluetooth capability; and Integrated XM Satellite Radio;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with intuitive climate feature that automatically adjust to top-down driving, plus cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Seating for four adults; eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat with three-setting memory system; eight-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat with three-setting memory system; premium leather seat surfaces;
- The rear passenger one-touch walk-in function;
- Power door locks with key lockout protection, the Lexus Smart Key System and Push Button Start;
- Power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down function and high solar energy-absorbing glass;
- A beautiful, luxurious interior in black, alabaster, saddle tan or red leather (keyed to exterior colour choice), featuring leather-wrapped steering wheel; leather-wrapped metallic shift knob; woodgrain trim; aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts; front illuminated “Lexus” scuff plates, and more;
- Full instrumentation including dual trip odometer, multi-information display, outside temperature gauge, digital clock,
- Door courtesy lamps; Illuminated Entry with Fadeout;
- An integrated garage door opener;
- Thoughtful in-cabin storage including a locking glove box, front and rear cup holders, front and rear centre console boxes, and front seat back pockets;
- Anti-theft system;
- 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks; P225/40R18 front and P255/40R18 rear all season tires;
- Dual power adjustable heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors linked to driver’s seat memory system and featuring integrated turn signals;
- Rain-sensing wipers; front windshield de-icer;
- High intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with the automatic headlamp system, auto levelling headlamp system, headlamp washers, and fog lamps;
- And more.
The 2012 Lexus IS 250 C and IS 350 C may be ordered with a choice of two upgrade packages:
- The Navigation Package adds a clearance and backup sensor system and a voice activated hard-disc based navigation system with integrated backup camera.
- The Special Edition – new for 2012 – builds on the Navigation Package with 18” alloy wheels and red leather interior.
Guests may also personalize their 2012 Lexus IS 250 C or IS 350 C from a range of Lexus parts and accessories. Consult the Lexus web site for the most up to date list of options by model.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Lexus IS C is now on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $49,100 for the IS 250 C and $50,700 for the IS 350 C.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. With 5 models on the road today, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.