(TORONTO) – Commanding presence. Commanding performance. With a starting MSRP of $ 121, 750, the Lexus LS 600h L is beautifully refined, supremely powerful and highly efficient, making it Canada’s ultimate premium luxury hybrid sedan.
“With its advanced, driver-focused technology, finely crafted interiors, wealth of passenger amenities and high performance hybrid power train, the 2012 LS 600h L is a serenely quiet statement in self-assured luxury,” said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director, Lexus in Canada. “This year, we offer the LS hybrid in two trim levels, including the Executive Package, designed to maximize moments of luxury motoring satisfaction for our guests.”
Power and performance
The 2012 Lexus LS 600h L is built around the proven Lexus Hybrid Drive, specifically tailored to this prestige luxury sedan configuration to deliver performance and efficiency without compromise. The LS 600h L’s hybrid system is built around a potent 5.0 L, aluminum alloy block, 32 valve V8 featuring two-way direct and port injection, Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) with electric camshaft control on the intake, an Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), an Acoustic Control Induction System, and more to maximize power and efficiency. This engine works in harmony with three high torque electric motors to produce an impressive 438 net horsepower, awe-inspiring acceleration and responsiveness, and a notable Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating.
This engine, balanced and finished by craftsman, is mated to a dual mode electronically controlled continuously variable transmission with sequential multi-mode shifter to maximize performance and efficiency, while delivering significantly smoother acceleration than a conventional transmission. Together, engine and transmission achieve remarkable fuel efficiency, at just 9.9 L per 100 KM city/highway combined.
Handling and Control
Lexus LS 600h L drivers will delight in this hybrid flagship sedan’s command of the road, the result of the seamless integration of state of the art handling and control technologies.
Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) anticipates and helps correct potential instability for optimized control and handling. VDIM uses information from computer-linked sensors to detect a skid or slide and takes corrective action through a combination of steering, braking and throttle control.
The LS 600h L is equipped, front and rear, with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), which allows the driver to select from multiple suspension settings – from maximum comfort to maximum sportiness – at the flick of a switch. Computerized sensors also monitor steering and wheel speed to help reduce dive, squat, lean and roll.
The front and rear suspension are independent, multi-link air suspension designs featuring a stabilizer bar, anti-vibration subframe and anti-squat geometry.
The electric power steering is highly responsive, while variable gear ratio steering delivers exceptional steering wheel response and handling at all speeds.
For maximum control, the LS 600h L features an advanced full time all-wheel drive system that distributes 70% of the power to the rear wheels under normal driving conditions. When slippage occurs, the system transfers power to achieve the best traction, with up to 50% being transferred to the front wheels.
The LS 600h L is standard equipped with P245/45R19 all season tires with a full-size spare.
From its impact absorbing structure to advanced active and passive safety systems, every 2012 Lexus LS 600h L is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect occupants if an incident occurs, offering peace of mind to drivers and passengers:
- All LS 600h L models are standard equipped with Lexus active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. These include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), the Antilock Braking System with electronic brakeforce distribution and Brake Assist enhancements, and Smart Stop Technology;
- As a Lexus hybrid, the LS 600h L also features an integrated regenerative braking system that captures energy during the braking process and uses it to recharge the hybrid system’s battery, plus an electric parking brake.
- The LS 600h L surrounds driver and passengers in a suite of eight airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags. The Executive Package adds two rear seat side airbags and an ottoman seat cushion airbag for added protection;
- All LS 600h L models are standard equipped with the Lexus Advanced Pre-Collision System. This system senses an unavoidable collision and automatically initiatives measures – including adjustments to braking and suspension geometry – to reduce the potential for injuries;
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident;
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes;
- All-position three point lap and shoulder belts with pretensioners and force limiters;
- An on-board first-aid kit;
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system;
- Fast acting, high visibility LED rear lamps and high mount stop lamp;
- And more.
The LS 600h L delivers unsurpassed interior luxury and a full rate of convenience and style features that leaves nothing wanting, including:
- A 19-speaker, 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference surround sound audio system, featuring AM/FM stereo/CD with MP3/WMA audio capability; a six-disc DVD changer with 5.1-channel audio, a USB audio input and auxiliary audio input jack; the Automatic Sound Levelizer system and Radio Data System; Bluetooth capability; Integrated XM Satellite Radio; and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with soft-touch heater controls, dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Seating for five adults: front seats feature premium leather surfaces and climate control, with a 16-way power adjustable driver’s seat with three-setting seat memory system, a 12-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat, and heated rear seats;
- Power door locks with key lock-out protection, the Lexus Smart Key System with wallet-sized smart card key and Push Button Start, power assist doors, and an automatic powered trunk lid;
- Power windows with auto up/down function and variable speed control for all windows, plus power rear door and rear window sunshades, water repellent front door glass, front and rear acoustic glass, high solar energy absorbing window glass, and more;
- A comprehensive, driver-focused instrument panel featuring LCD gauge clusters, an ECO indicator, tachometer, outside temperature gauge, twin multi-information displays, digital clock, HomeLink universal transceiver, and more;
- A hard drive based navigation system with integrated backup camera and navigation voice recognition;
- Heated four-spoke wood and leather wrapped steering wheel on a power tilting/telescoping steering column linked to the seat memory system;
- The Lexus Advanced Parking Guidance System;
- Clearance and back up sensor system;
- Cruise control;
- Auto dimming rear view mirror and dual illuminated vanity mirrors;
- A luxurious interior featuring an escaine roof liner, wood and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and leather covered lower instrument panel and door armrests;
- Thoughtful in-cabin storage including a front centre console box, upper and lower glove box, front seat back pockets, front and rear cup holders, and more;
- LED map lamps;
- A 12-volt accessory power outlet and retained accessory power;
- Dual power exterior heated electro-chromatic mirrors linked to seat memory system, with reverse auto tilting function and puddle lamps;
- Front hood clear protection film;
- Power moon roof with sun shade;
- Lexus hybrid blue accented front headlamps, rear tail lamps, logos, and bading;
- Variable intermittent rain-sensing wipers with de-icer;
- LED headlamps with automatic high beam feature, adaptive front lighting system, light control system, auto levelling headlamp system, and headlamp washers, plus fog lamps;
- And more.
The 2012 Lexus LS 600h L may be ordered with the Executive Package, which features 18” alloy wheels and adds: a four-zone independent automatic climate control system with infrared body temperature sensor; a rear seat DVD entertainment system with 9” LCD monitor, two sets of wireless headphones and audio and DVD remote control; the Lane Keeping Assist System; the Obstacle Detection System; the Driver Monitoring System; two rear seat side airbags; a rear seat armrest with integrated 12-volt power supply; rear power adjustable seats; a Shiatsu Massage seat; the Lexus rear seat memory system with one setting; heated and air conditioned rear seats; a right rear seat retractable ottoman with ottoman seat cushion airbag; the milliwave radar cruise system; a 110-volt accessory power outlet; and more.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Lexus LS 600h L is now on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $121, 750.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 35 dealers across Canada. With 5 models on the road today, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.