(TORONTO) – Style, luxury and performance is what the Lexus RX 350 sport luxury SUV delivers. With its signature calm, quiet ride and responsive handling, the RX 350 is powerful, efficient, and equipped with an array of driver-focused innovations and advanced safety technology.
Highlights for 2012
- The RX 350 is now available in seven trim configurations; ordered as the well equipped standard model, or enhanced with a choice of the Premium Package 1, Premium Package 2, Touring Package, Sport Package, Ultra Premium Package 1 or Ultra Premium Package 2.
“The RX 350 is built in Canada, and a favourite of Canadians seeking a contemporary luxury experience. As a powerful and versatile luxury vehicle that is a top safety pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the RX 350 exceeds our guests’ expectations, making it our most popular model in Canada,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “This year, we’ve expanded the available trim levels to offer an even greater choice of features and price points, meaning there’s never been a better time to welcome new Canadian guests to the Lexus family.”
Power and performance
The 2012 Lexus RX 350 features a 3.5 L V6 that provides outstanding power and responsive performance. This engine is mated to a sequential shift six-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission, giving the RX 350 quick, smooth acceleration while delivering impressive fuel efficiency.
The V6 features an aluminum alloy block, Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i), Sequential Multiport Electronic Fuel Injection, an Acoustic Control Induction System, two-way exhaust control and more, to boost overall engine performance and efficiency while minimizing emissions. The 2012 RX 350 enjoys a peak 270 horsepower and up to 248 lb-ft of torque, resulting in a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 10.2 L / 100 KM. In addition, the 2012 RX 350 now runs on both regular and premium gasoline.
For maximum reliability, the RX 350’s power plant is enhanced with an engine oil cooler, stainless steel exhaust system, and heavy-duty battery, starter, alternator and heater.
Handling and Control
Lexus RX 350 drivers will delight in the responsive steering, the elegant ride, and the confidence of all wheel drive enhanced by leading Lexus handling and control technologies.
Every RX 350 is standard equipped with the Active Torque Control System, which automatically adapts to changing road conditions by adjusting front and rear torque for optimum traction, performance and efficiency. The available Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system utilizes a sophisticated network of sensors that monitor everything from speed, to steering, to braking and can anticipate a loss of traction and correct it before it occurs.
Additional standard technologies such as Hill Start Assist Control and Uphill/Downhill Shift Logic help smooth the ride when negotiating hilly, winding roads. The independent front suspension features Macpherson gas struts, coil springs and a stabilizer bar. A uniquely designed double-wishbone rear suspension, also with coil springs and stabilizer bar, contributes to the RX 350’s exceptional agility and control.
The 2012 Lexus RX 350 includes all the same safety features that have made the RX a 2011 Top Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. From its impact absorbing structure to advanced active and passive safety systems, every 2012 Lexus RX 350 is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect occupants if an incident occurs, offering peace of mind to drivers and passengers:
- All RX 350 models are standard equipped with Lexus active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. These include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) enhancements, and Lexus Smart Stop Technology (SST);
- The RX 350 surrounds driver and passengers in a class-leading suite of 10 airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, rear seat side airbags, and side roll-sensing curtain airbags;
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protects passengers in the event of an accident;
- Power-assisted front ventilated disc and rear disc brakes;
- All-position three point lap and shoulder belts plus pretensioners and force limiters for the front and outboard rear seats, and adjustable shoulder belt anchors for the front seatbelts;
- Active front headrests with whiplash protection;
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks;
- An on-board first-aid kit;
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system;
- High visibility, fast-acting, long-lasting LED brake lamps;
Comfortable, functional and luxurious the, RX 350 offers many stylish and convenient features, including:
- A nine-speaker audio system featuring AM/FM stereo/six-disc CD changer with MP3 audio capability; the Auto Sound Levelizer System; Bluetooth capability; Integrated XM Satellite Radio; and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Seating for five adults: premium fabric seat surfaces; eight-way power adjustable driver and front passenger seats; and a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with recline and slide adjustments, plus a remove release in the cargo area;
- Power door locks with the Lexus Smart Key system and Push Button Start;
- Power windows with auto up/down function on all windows and rear privacy glass;
- A full suite of advanced instrumentation, including: Electroluminescent gauges; an Organic LED multi-information display with Lexus customizable features; an ECO indicator; an 8” LCD display; cruise control; and more;
- An auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass and dual illuminated vanity mirrors;
- Thoughtful in-cabin storage including: driver and front passenger opening door pockets; centre console box with armrest; front seat back pockets; over head sunglass storage; front and rear cup holders; cargo area tie-down rings, side storage compartments, and under cargo area storage compartments; and more
- An interior trimmed in either espresso bird’s eye maple or brown walnut (depending on colour scheme);
- A power tilting/telescoping steering column;
- Three 12-volt auxiliary power outlets;
- An anti-theft system with engine immobilizer;
- A sophisticated exterior design, featuring: 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks and a rear hatch mounted spoiler;
- Auto-dimming, power adjustable, heated dual exterior mirrors with integrated signal lamps and puddle lamps;
- Projector-style halogen headlamps with the Lexus automatic headlamp system and headlamp washers;
- Variable intermittent wipers with rain sensing feature and windshield wiper de-icer;
The 2012 Lexus RX 350 may be ordered with one of six upgrade packages to add comfort, convenience and luxury features;
The Premium Package 1 adds a driver’s seat memory system; perforated leather seat surfaces; heated and ventilated front seats; a power rear door with jam protection; power moon roof; auto-dimming side-view mirrors; front and rear splash guards; a cargo mat and cargo net; a rear bumper protector; and roof rails.
The Premium Package 2 builds on this with Bi-Xenon High-Intensity Discharge headlamps; the Lexus Automatic High Beam Feature; the Lexus Auto Leveling Headlamp System; the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting System; a back-up camera integrated into the rear view mirror; and a USB input on the audio system.
The Touring Package adds to the Premium Package 2 with: larger, 19” aluminum alloy wheels; a voice-activated hard disc-based navigation system with the Lexus Remote Touch haptic controller; XM Real-Time Traffic capability; a 12-speaker Lexus Premium Audio System with rear subwoofer; a back-up camera in the navigation display; and a wallet-sized smart card key.
The Sport Package starts with the Premium Package 2, then adds: Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM); sport-tuned steering and suspension; unique alloy wheels; and a heads-up display.
The Ultra Premium Package 1 builds on the Touring Package, with: Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM); premium leather seat surfaces; front seat power thigh support; a 15-speaker Mark Levinson Surround Sound audio system with 7.1 channel speaker architecture and in-dash six-disc DVD changer; the Lexus Wide View side monitor system; power retractable folding exterior mirrors; Intuitive Parking Assist; front illuminated door sill trim; and a wood and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
The Ultra Premium Package 2 builds on the Ultra Premium Package 1 with the addition of: A dual-screen rear seat DVD entertainment system with two sets of headphones and an audio and DVD remote control; a 115v/400w power outlet; roof rail cross bars; and a heads-up display.
Guests may also personalize their 2012 Lexus RX 350 from a range of Lexus parts and accessories. Consult the Lexus web site for the most up to date list of options by model.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Lexus RX 350 is now on sale at Canadian Lexus Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $44,950.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. With 5 models on the road today, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.