Additional standard equipment :: enhanced option packages:: F Sport and Hybrid models
(TORONTO – October 21, 2013) Elevate your experience behind the wheel with the Lexus RX – the original luxury crossover vehicle. With luxurious room for five, the RX stands alone as a stunning combination of SUV versatility and sports-sedan based comfort and refinement. And it’s better than ever for 2014, with additional standard equipment and fresh options packages – including two available F Sport series packages for the Canadian-built Lexus RX 350 – plus the advanced hybrid performance of the Lexus RX 450h.
“Discover the excitement and confidence of owning and driving an RX,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director of Lexus Canada. “With more luxury and choice as standard this year, the 2014 RX series invites drivers to experience profound and diverse moments behind the wheel.”
The 2014 RX series is available in a range of models and trim levels: The RX 350 luxury SUV is offered in four trim levels plus two F Sport series editions, while the RX 450h hybrid luxury SUV is offered in three trim levels. All feature power, performance and luxury.
Stabilized front and rear independent suspensions and electric power steering deliver confident handling and superior ride comfort, while active torque all wheel drive provides superior traction under all weather and road conditions even as it maximizes fuel efficiency.
Generously equipped, all RX models feature: dual-zone automatic climate control; power adjustable driver and front passenger seats; electroluminescent instrumentation including an ECO indicator and organic LED multi-information display; leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; wood interior trim; the Lexus Smart Key System with Push Button Start; a power rear door with jam protection; three 12V auxiliary power outlets; an anti-theft system; power adjustable, heated exterior mirrors; front door handle touch sensor lock/unlock; rain-sensing wipers; headlamp washers; LED daytime running lamps; fog lamps; and more.
All models feature a full complement of active and passive safety technologies, from 10 airbags, LED stop lamps, and an onboard first-aid kit, to technologies such as vehicle stability control, traction control, antilock braking systems with brake assist and electronic brakeforce distribution, and more.
2014 Lexus RX 350 (Starting MSRP: $46,150)
The RX 350 features a 270 horsepower 3.5L V6 and six-speed automatic Super ECT transmission for responsive acceleration and efficiency and rides on 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks. New this year, all models are enhanced with: a 12-speaker Lexus Display Audio system with 7” multi-colour LCD touch-screen display and centre console dial controller; a back-up camera linked to the 7” audio display; rear bumper protector and splash guards; plus a cargo mat and net.
The RX 350 may be enhanced with a choice of three available upgrade packages:
- The Premium Package adds: perforated leather seat surfaces with heated and ventilated front seats and the driver seat memory system; auto dimming side view mirrors; high intensity discharge headlights and the auto leveling headlamp system; and more.
- The Touring Package builds on the Premium Package, adding: the Lexus blind spot monitor and intuitive parking assist; a voice-activated HDD based navigation system with Remote Touch; larger, 19” alloy wheels with locks; a wood and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; heated steering wheel; and an enhanced audio system with in-dash DVD, subwoofer and XM Real Time Traffic capability.
- The Technology Package builds on the Touring Package, adding: Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management; head-up display; 15-speaker, 7.1-channel Mark Levinson surround sound audio system; premium leather seat surfaces, illuminated front door sill trim; additional wood grain interior trim; and more.
2014 RX 350 F Sport (Starting MSRP: $55,400)
Performance is further enhanced on RX 350 F Sport models by eight-speed automatic Super ECT transmissions with paddle shifters and lateral dampers on the suspension system, plus the Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system. Additional enhancements for this year include a voice-activated HDD based navigation system with Lexus Remote Touch interface; a 12-speaker Lexus Premium Audio system with 7” multi-colour LCD touch-screen display and centre console dial controller; a back-up camera linked to the 7” audio display; rear bumper protector and splash guards; plus a cargo mat and net.
The RX 350 is offered in two F Sport editions:
- The 2014 Lexus RX 350 F Sport Series 1 is generously equipped, with features including: XM Real Time Traffic capability; heated and ventilated front seats clad in F Sport leather; driver’s seat memory system; auto-dimming side-view mirrors; high intensity discharge headlights and the auto leveling headlamp system; and a power moonroof.
- The 2014 Lexus RX 350 F Sport Series 2 adds: 15-speaker, 7.1-channel Mark Levinson surround sound audio system; the Lexus blind spot monitor and intuitive parking assist; and heads-up display.
2014 RX 450h (Starting MSRP: $62,300)
The 2014 Lexus RX 450h generates 295 system horsepower via an Atkinson Cycle 3.5L V6, continuously variable transmission (CVT) with sequential shift mode, high torque electric motors, a high-performance hybrid system battery and sophisticated power management system. In addition to its remarkable performance and fuel efficiency, the Lexus Hybrid Drive also makes possible unique technology features – including a multi-position Drive Mode Select (Normal, Sport, ECO, EV and Snow modes) and integrated regenerative braking. Additional standard performance, handling and safety systems include VDIM and electronically controlled hydraulic braking.
The RX 450h has been enhanced for 2014 with additional standard equipment, including: a 12-speaker Lexus Premium Audio system with 8” display; voice activated HDD navigation system with Remote Touch; XM Real Time Traffic capability; power folding electro-chromatic side view mirrors; 19” alloy wheels with locks; heated wood steering wheel; and the Lexus blind spot monitor and intuitive parking assist.
Other standard features include: driver’s seat memory system; wood and leather wrapped shift knob; high intensity discharge headlights and the auto leveling headlamp system; a power moonroof; and more. The RX 450h may be further enhanced with a choice of two available options packages:
- The Technology Package adds: a 15-speaker, 7.1-channel Mark Levinson surround sound audio system; head-up display; front seat power thigh support; premium leather seat surfaces; LED headlamps; and more.
- The Executive Package builds on the Technology Package, adding: dual-screen rear seat DVD entertainment system with audio and DVD remote control and two sets of wireless headphones; the Lexus pre-collision system; dynamic radar cruise control; and a 120V/400W power outlet.
The 2014 Lexus RX 350, RX 350 F Sport and Lexus RX 450h are now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/rx
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 36 dealers across Canada. With 13 Lexus models on the road today, five of them being hybrids, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus won the most segment awards, four in total, of any nameplate. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit: www.lexus.ca