(TORONTO) – Advanced technology meets high performance in the 2010 Lexus IS F – the luxury sedan that delivers power, acceleration and handling proven on some of the most challenging racetracks around the world. The result is a uniquely Lexus interpretation of heart-pounding excitement and authentic performance.
“Big performance available through a remarkably broad power band and managed by a full suite of advanced technology systems that put the driver firmly in control – that’s what sets the Lexus IS F apart,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Every performance-enhancing detail - from the air intake to the twin stacked exhaust – ensures that the Lexus IS F lives up to its reputation as ‘The Beast’. For 2010, we added limited slip differential to the powertrain, enhanced the audio system and upgraded the Series 2 edition to make the IS F an even better way to pursue thrilling moments behind the wheel.”
New for 2010, all IS F models now include:
- An integrated XM Satellite Radio system,
- USB audio connectivity,
- A revised drivetrain featuring limited slip differential for enhanced performance,
- Series 2 package upgrades, which add a six-disc DVD changer, a voice-activated, hard disc-based navigation system with integrated back-up camera, and a clearance and back-up sonar system.
The 2010 Lexus IS F is sale at Lexus dealers across Canada today, with a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price starting at $68,000.
All 2010 Lexus IS F models are powered by a specially designed and carefully tuned five-litre, 32 valve V8 that delivers 416 peak horsepower and up to 371 lb-ft of torque. The heart of the beast is coupled to a slick eight-speed sport direct shift transmission with metal plated paddle shifters that features the fastest shift times allowed on a street-legal production car.
But power is no use unless it can be harnessed. A complete array of handling and control technologies and systems ensure that the Beast is no brute. These include highly responsive electric progressive rate power steering, a specially designed, anti-dive and anti-squat front suspension, the Sport Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management system (Sport VDIM) specially tuned to the IS F, Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, and a full suite of braking technologies – from the power assisted antilock braking system with Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution to BREMBO high friction brake pads acting on massive 14.2” front and 13.6” rear disc brakes with drilled rotors.
Inside, full safety systems include eight air bags and seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters for front and rear occupants.
The 2010 Lexus IS F is available in two series. The Series 1 is finished with a full suite of standard features, including:
- A 13-speaker audio system built around an AM/FM/six-disc CD changer with MP3/WMA capability, featuring auxiliary input jack for portable music players, USB audio input and automatic sound levelizer system;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with soft-touch heater controls cabin air filter;
- Eight-way power adjustable and heated front sport seats with leather surfaces, including three-setting driver and front passenger seat memory system;
- A comprehensive instrument panel including compass, tachometer, dual trip odometer, outside temperature gauge, multi-information display and more;
- Power windows with auto up/down function on all windows, and high solar energy-absorbing tinted glass;
- Power door locks with key lockout protection and smart key system including one wallet-sized smart card key;
- Push button start;
- Cruise control;
- A performance-oriented interior, from aluminized fibreglass on resin trim and the leather wrapped three-spoke steering wheel and metallic shift knob, to the tilt/telescoping steering column and ample storage for maps and other driving aids;
- Accessory power outlet;
- Integrated garage door opener;
- First aid kit;
- Anti-theft system and engine immobilizer;
- Large 19” polished forged lightweight aluminum wheels with wheel locks and high performance summer radials: P225/40R19 on the front and P255/35R19 on the rear;
- Power-adjustable, foldable and heated exterior mirrors;
- Power moon roof;
- Variable intermittent wipers with mist feature;
- Bi-Xenon high intensity discharge headlamps featuring the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting system, automatic headlamp system, auto levelling headlamp system, headlamp washers, and fog lamps.
The 2010 Lexus IS F may be ordered as the Series 2, which includes all of the above, plus – new for 2010 – a six-disc DVD changer, a voice-activated, hard disc-based navigation system with integrated back-up camera, and a clearance and back-up sonar system.