(TORONTO, ON. - August 23, 2010) – Sleek sports coupe and elegant convertible, Canadian drivers can have both alongside the uncompromising luxury featured in the 2011 Lexus IS C series hardtop luxury coupe. The IS 250 C and IS 350 C are the ultimate luxury coupes – all year round, in rain or shine.
“With Lexus contemporary luxury styling and a generous standard suite of comfort and convenience equipment, the IS 250 C and IS 350 C are the ultimate open-air performance machines,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “With a choice of engine sizes, the segment’s fastest hard-top, dynamics engineering and attention to every detail right down to the use of sound-absorbing material – the Lexus IS C series puts luxury performance and enjoyment front and centre.”
Highlights for 2011
- Choice of three models: The IS 250 C with powerful yet efficient 2.5L V6 engine and auto or manual six-speed transmission, and the IS 350 C with sporty 3.5L V6 engine and six-speed auto transmission
- Careful attention to top-down driving dynamics minimizes wind buffeting and noise for an enjoyable open-air motoring experience
- Advanced aerodynamic design coupled with enhanced lightweight body rigidity for exceptional handling, steering, response and safety
- New standard equipment includes windshield de-icing system, LED daytime running lights and open/close switch for all windows
- Available upgrade packages add voice-activated hard disc based navigation system and more
Power and performance
Performance comes in three styles, for every taste:
- The IS 250 C features an efficient 2.5L V6 that delivers up to 204 horsepower, and a choice of six-speed close-ratio manual transmission or six-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission with sequential shift mode and paddle shifters
- For even more thrilling performance, the IS 350 C sports a 306-peak horsepower 3.5L V6 and six-speed Super Electronically Controlled automatic transmission with sequential shift mode and paddle shifters
All models feature engine technologies such as dual variable valve timing with intelligence, the electronic throttle control system with intelligence, acoustic control induction system and more to maximize performance and fuel efficiency while minimizing emissions. The IS C series qualifies for a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating and the following combined city/highway fuel efficiency ratings: IS 250 C (manual); 9.4 L/100 KM; IS 250 C (auto); 8.1 L/100 KM; IS 350 C (auto); 9.0 L/100 KM.
Handling and control
All Lexus IS C series luxury hardtop coupes feature highly responsive electric power steering plus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management – a sophisticated system that monitors driver commands and actual vehicle performance, then makes subtle adjustments to maximize handling and control.
Every IS C is equipped with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems, including:
- A special body structure with reinforced impact beams, rocker area plates, crossmembers and high tensile strength steel sheets for enhanced safety even with the top down
- Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, and Hill-Start Assist Control technologies
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes enhanced with the Lexus Anti-lock Braking System, Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution technologies
- Eight airbags (dual stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, driver and front passenger knee airbags, and front and rear side curtain airbags)
- All-position three-point lap and shoulder belts, front and rear seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters, plus anchor points for child protector seats
- High intensity discharge headlamps enhanced with the Lexus adaptive front lighting system and auto levelling headlamp system, LED daytime running lights (new for 2011), headlamp washers, and fog lamps
- Rain-sensing wipers and a front windshield de-icing system (new for 2011)
Luxury features with no compromise
Every four-person IS C luxury hardtop convertible coupe is equipped with generous suites of comfort, convenience, style and luxury amenities. These include:
- A Lexus premium audio system featuring six-disc CD changer, auxiliary input jack and USB audio input for portable music devices, Bluetooth capability, integrated XM Satellite Radio and eight speakers
- A three-section hardtop that retracts in just 20 seconds, making it the fastest in its category
- Dual-zone automatic and intuitive climate control, which automatically adjusts for top up or top down driving, plus a cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts
- Innovative lightweight structural members in the body ensure that the IS C performs like a sport coupe – with all the handling, stability and comfort one expects – even with the top down
- Premium leather seat surfaces, plus eight-way power adjustable heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats
- Driver and front passenger memory seat systems with three settings, plus the Lexus one-touch rear seat walk-in feature
- Power door locks with key lockout protection and power windows with auto up/down function on driver and front passenger windows
- A full instrument cluster featuring shift position indicator, dual trip odometer, outside temperature gauge, multi-information display, cruise control and more
- A sophisticated, contemporary and luxurious interior featuring leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, woodgrain trim, aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts, front illuminated Lexus scuff plates, power tilting/telescoping steering column and more
- Thoughtful touches like an integrated garage door opener, the Lexus Smart Key system with Push Button Start, illuminated entry and door courtesy lamps
- 18” aluminum alloy wheels
- Dual power adjustable heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors linked to seat memory, with integrated signal lamps and auto tilt reverse function and more
Available options packages
Enhance the IS C with the Navigation Package:
- For the IS 250 C, this includes a voice activated hard disc-based navigation system with back-up camera integrated into the navigation display, a clearance and back-up sensor, and a wallet-sized smart key.
- For the IS 350 C, the package includes all of the above, plus a 12-speaker premium Mark Levinson audio system.
Pricing and availability:
The 2011 Lexus IS C is now on sale across Canada. The IS 250 C carries a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $49,100 for manual transmission models and $50,700 for automatic transmission models. The IS 350 C starts at a suggested $57,000.
About Lexus of Canada
Lexus in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 34 dealers across Canada. Delivering more perfect moments of advanced motoring, the best-selling Lexus RX 350 SUV – fusing intuitive technology and L-finesse luxury – is built for the North American market in Cambridge, Ontario, the first and only Lexus manufacturing facility located outside of Japan. For more information about Lexus products, and Lexus’ pursuit of perfection, visit www.media.lexus.ca.