(TORONTO) – The flagship Lexus LS 600h L long-wheelbase prestige hybrid sedan establishes a unique vision of the ultimate contemporary luxury for its owners. The LS hybrid marries unprecedented comfort, refinement and luxury with awe inspiring power, handling, and safety. It surrounds Canadian motorists with advanced technology that surprises and delights. And it delivers remarkable fuel efficiency and emissions performance that offers drivers a feeling of distinction without compromise as a more sustainable partner in their pursuit of automotive perfection.
“The Lexus LS 600h L is the ultimate expression of Lexus luxury and for 2010 we offer our Canadian guests a single, generously equipped model with even more refinement and features,” explained Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “From an audio system enhanced with USB connectivity, to a new hard disc based navigation system, to a new suite of premium finishes in the already luxurious cabin, Canadians will find a wealth of wonderful, carefully considered refinements inside and out that advances the LS hybrid as a remarkable innovative and environmentally sophisticated luxury sedan.”
The LS 600h L is available in one remarkably equipped model, with a generous suite of standard features. New features for 2010 include:
- USB audio connectivity;
- A hard disc based navigation system with integrated backup camera;
- Power rear door sunshades;
- Automatic high beam system;
- Refinements to the exterior including a unique hybrid grille and outside mirrors that now feature integrated signal lamps;
- A more refined interior featuring escaine headliner, premium leather seat surfaces, and leather covered upper instrument panel and door interior panels.
These join an already incredibly equipped vehicle, with standard features including:
- A 19-speaker, 5.1-channel, 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound audio system, six-disc DVD changer, input jack for portable music players, the automatic sound levelizer system (ASL), Radio Data System (RDS), and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Bluetooth capability and integrated XM Satellite Radio;
- The Lexus Advanced Parking Guidance System;
- An advanced instrument cluster featuring thin film LCD gauges and an eco-drive indicator;
- A dual-zone automatic climate control system with soft-touch controls and dust/pollen/odour filter;
- A 16-way power adjustable driver’s seat with three memory settings, and 12-way power adjustable front passenger seat;
- Power windows with variable-speed auto up/down function on all windows;
- A heated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilting/telescoping steering column linked to the seat memory system;
- The Lexus Smart Key system with push button start and wallet size smart card key;
- Power-assist doors including an automatic, powered trunk lid;
- And more.
In a class by itself, the advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive is tailored to the unique demands of the LS hybrid, delivering the performance of a V12 and the efficiency of a V6. For the LS 600h L, the Lexus Hybrid Drive is built around a precision manufactured 5.0 litre V8 coupled to high-torque, high-efficiency electric motors, large-capacity storage battery, and a sophisticated hybrid power management system that delivers 438 net horsepower and up to 385 lb-ft of torque. A dual-mode Electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) with sequential multi-mode shifter delivers smooth, confident acceleration and remarkable fuel efficiency of just 9.9 L / 100 km (city/highway combined) and a Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating. What’s more, a master craftsman individually tunes each engine system to virtually eliminate unwanted noise and vibration.
The all-wheel-drive LS hybrid is fitted with the state of the art Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management system (VDIM), plus Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC). These work in concert with sophisticated independent multi-link suspension systems featuring anti-vibration subframes, stabilizer bars and front anti-dive and anti-squat geometry – further enhanced with an Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), front and rear – to deliver a comfortable yet controlled ride over a wide variety of pavement surfaces. Handling and control is enhanced with highly responsive Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) and Electric Power Steering (EPS) and sure-footed P245/45R19 all season radials mounted on 19” aluminum alloy wheels with wheel locks and a full-size spare tire.
Full safety systems include eight air bags as standard (driver and front passenger, front seat mounted side, driver and front passenger knee, front and rear side/curtain). Other safety systems include seatbelt pre-tensioners and force limiters for front and rear occupants, power-adjustable B pillar shoulder belt anchors, and an on-board first aid kit. In addition, Lexus paid exceptional care to driver vision, with rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers, fog lamps, and advanced energy-saving Light Emitting Diode headlamps with headlamp washers and fog lamps. Bright and reliable LED tail lamps bring up the rear.
The LS 600h L’s advanced technology systems and prestige amenities are wrapped in a distinctive body informed by the Lexus L-finesse design language, finished with a power tilt-moon roof with sun shade and Lexus hybrid blue accented front headlamps, rear tail lamps and badging.
Lexus guests may order the long-wheelbase LS 600h L with the Premium Executive Package, which turns this prestige hybrid sedan into a rolling sanctuary, day or night. Features in this exclusive package include:
- Four-zone independent climate control with infrared body temperature sensor;
- Rear seat DVD entertainment system with 9” LCD monitor, rear audio controls, audio and DVD remote control, and two sets of wireless headphones;
- A retractable ottoman on the right rear seat, Lexus rear-seat memory system, and Shiatsu massage feature;
- Heated and air conditioned rear power seats;
- The addition of rear seat side airbags and including an ottoman seat cushion air bag, bringing the vehicle’s airbag system to 11;
- Rear armrest with built-in 12V power supply;
- The Lexus Lane Keeping Assist system;
- A millimetre-wave radar cruise control system;
- The Lexus Pre-Collision System;
- The Lexus Obstacle Detection System;
- The Lexus Driver Monitoring System;
- P235/50R18 all season tires on 18” aluminum alloy wheels with locks and a full-size spare.
The 2010 Lexus LS 600h L is now on sale at Lexus dealers across Canada, with a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price starting at $119,950. The Premium Executive Package starts at an MSRP of $144,000.
# # #