- The original prestige luxury sedan with coupe like style is offered in self-charging hybrid electric and conventional powertrain options
- Standard all-wheel-drive for all-weather confidence
- Standard Apple CarPlay™ compatibility and the Lexus Enform Audio system
- Available F SPORT model boosts sporty performance, with style to match
TORONTO, ON – October 9, 2019 – Luxury soars to new heights when you experience the Lexus LS series – the prestige luxury sedan unlike any other. With a choice of powertrains – including the world’s most popular and proven electrified self-charging hybrid system – the LS delivers the perfect blend of power, performance, comfort, luxury and technology.
“The LS is the Lexus that started it all – and continues to be the ultimate expression of our vision of prestige motoring,” said Robert Tsang, Director of Lexus in Canada. “It seamlessly blends a dynamic coupe-like exterior with the spaciousness of a luxury sedan, with meticulous consideration to everything from its modern design, to production, to addressing what today’s Guests are looking for in electrified powertrain options.”
In crafting the LS, Lexus designers and engineers created a sleek, coupe-like silhouette with an aggressive, ground-hugging stance. Prestige detailing includes triple LED headlamps, LED daytime running lights and tail lamps, electro-chromatic exterior mirrors with integrated LED signal lamps, headlamp washers, a power moon roof and a hands-free powered trunk lid.
Unlock the power-assisted doors, and the power easy access system automatically positions the driver’s seat to ease your way in or out. The power adjustable front seats include memory settings, heating, cooling, and massage functionality. Rear seats are also heated. The evidence of Lexus craftsmanship is on subtle display throughout the artfully fashioned interior. The cabin is sensual yet serene, with careful attention paid to materials, patterns, ambient lighting and ornamentation. A choice of available trims includes Art Wood Herringbone, Art Wood Organic, and Laser Cut Special.
Every LS is impressively equipped: standard features include the Climate Concierge system, auto-dimming rear view mirror, power windows with auto up/down and variable speed control, a power rear window sunshade, a wood and leather-wrapped heated steering wheel, and a driver’s seat memory system.
Every LS is also a technology showcase. Mark Levinson has collaborated with Lexus for decades to create a concert hall-like audio experience. The 2020 LS features a 23-speaker Reference Surround Sound system enhanced with Quantum Logic Immersion, along with Apple CarPlay™ compatibility and the Lexus Enform Audio system which features Embedded Navigation, Destination Assist, Enform Safety Connect and navigation system with Lexus Remote Touch. Further technology features include integrated Sirius XM Satellite Radio, SIRI Eyes-Free. Steering wheel mounted controls, Bluetooth connectivity, a 24-inch Head Up Display, Full TFT 8-inch Gauge Cluster, the Lexus Remote Touch haptic interface, HomeLink Universal Tranceiver, the Smart Key System with Push Button Start, Intuitive Parking Assist, clearance, backup sensors and rain-sensing wipers.
For 2020, the LS is available with a choice of two powertrains:
- The LS 500 features a 416 horsepower 3.5L twin-turbo V6 – the first in the Lexus lineup. This is mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and able to propel the LS 500 from 0-100 kph in under five seconds. Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters put the feeling of a manual transmission at one’s fingertips. This powertrain also makes a beautiful style statement with dual integrated chrome tailpipe diffusers.
- The LS 500h features the world’s first multi-stage self-charging hybrid powertrain and epitomizes Lexus’ ongoing ‘no compromise’ approach to luxury vehicle electrification that can be experienced in a wide range of Lexus sedans, crossovers and SUVs. Built around a 3.5L Atkinson Cycle V6 and electronically controlled continuously variable transmission, the Lexus Hybrid System can accelerate the LS 500h from 0-100 kph in just 5.5 seconds, while still targeting class-leading fuel efficiency and generating 354 net horsepower. Operated in “M-Mode”, this hybrid electric powertrain offers 10-speed automatic transmission simulated shift control, letting drivers select and hold gears using steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.
All models benefit from the Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, which helps drivers manage six types of vehicle movement – longitudinal, vertical, lateral, yaw, roll, and pitch – in response to accelerator, steering and braking inputs. The result is dynamic performance and seamless control across a range of vehicle speeds. Front and rear suspensions are independent multi-link style with stabilizer bars and anti-vibration subframes to enable a superior blend of control, feedback and comfort.
The 2020 LS Series also features impressive safety performance, headlined by Lexus Safety System +Advanced. LSS +A is an exceptional bundle of active safety technologies, including a series of world-first engineering innovations that help prevent a number of common types of accidents. Other standard safety features include the blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert safety systems, a backup camera, 14 airbags, a direct tire pressure monitoring system and an anti-theft system.
The Lexus LS Series is offered in a range of models and trim levels, as follows:
The 2020 Lexus LS 500 AWD (starting MSRP: $103,750) features dual-zone automatic climate control, semi-aniline seating, 28-way power adjustable driver’s seat, 20-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat, suede headliner, woodgrain trim, NuLuxe door trim and 19” alloy wheels. This model may be ordered with a choice of upgrade packages, as follows:
- The 2020 Lexus LS 500 AWD Luxury Package (starting MSRP: $116,750) adds front and rear air suspension systems, 20” alloy wheels, and a number of safety systems – including side airbags and rear seat cushion airbag, the Bird’s Eye View Monitor, Front Cross Traffic Alert and Lexus Co-Drive. Additional comfort amenities include rear seat air conditioning, 28-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat and 22-way power adjustable rear seats. This model is further enhanced with a panoramic moon roof.
- The 2020 Lexus LS 500 AWD Executive Package (starting MSRP: $130,750) builds on the luxury package, adding 20” forged alloy wheels and the adaptive front lighting system. Other upgrades include an 11.6” dual LCD screen rear seat Blu-Ray entertainment system, rear seat power extendable ottoman, rear seat massage, a touch-free power back door and a 120v/100w power outlet.
- For even more dynamic performance with styling to match, the 2020 Lexus LS 500 AWD F SPORT Package (starting MSRP: $110,450) builds on the core model, adding front and rear air suspension systems plus the Bird’s Eye View Monitor, 28-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat and a panoramic glass roof. It then enhances the vehicle with numerous F SPORT finishes – including 20” alloy wheels, steering wheel and leather seats.
For those seeking the advanced and efficient power of a self-charging hybrid plus uncompromising style, technology and amenities, the 2020 Lexus LS 500h AWD Executive Package (starting MSRP: $134,200) features the multi-stage self-charging hybrid system, front and rear air suspensions with adaptive variable suspension systems and Drive Mode Select with S+ mode. It then adds numerous comfort and convenience amenities, including four-zone independent automatic climate control with infrared body temperature sensor, soft-touch heater controls and humidity sensor, standard semi-aniline seating (and available aniline seating depending on package), , heated and air conditioned front seats with 28-way power adjustments, an ECO Drive indicator, voice-activated SD card-based, satin plating on interior details such as the door handles and assist grips, wood and leather-wrapped shift knob, automatic powered opening trunk, 20” forged alloy wheels and the adaptive front lighting system.
The 2020 Lexus LS Series is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For complete and up to date details and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/ls
About Lexus Canada
Lexus Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 39 dealers across Canada. Guests have access to a wide range of luxury and performance vehicles with a total of 12 Lexus nameplates available in Canada, including the largest luxury hybrid lineup of 6 hybrid models. Inspired by bold design, intuitive technology, and peak performance, Lexus is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services and creating amazing experiences for their guests. The Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h are built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada’s (TMMC) award-winning Cambridge South plant. For more information about Lexus and Lexus products, please visit: www.lexus.ca.