TORONTO, ON – October 10, 2019 – Lexus Canada Inc. announced today, it will extend its Hybrid Battery Warranty from eight years / 160,000 km to 10 years from date of first use/240,000 km, whichever comes first – an extension that is valid for all new model year 2020 Lexus hybrid vehicles. All other hybrid components will retain coverage under the Hybrid System Warranty at eight years/160,000 km, whichever comes first.
The new 2020 Lexus hybrid battery warranty is the most comprehensive warranty offered in the luxury segment that covers first ownership and all subsequent owners – making it even easier for Lexus to deliver the fuel efficiency, amazing driving range, dynamic performance, and eco-sensitive benefits that this innovative technology provides.
“In 2005 Canadians embraced the Lexus RX 400h, the world’s first hybrid performance luxury crossover, and now almost 15 years later, we are pleased to offer a range of self-charging hybrid electric vehicles for Canadian drivers” said Robert Tsang, Director of Lexus in Canada. “The new hybrid warranty extension for all 2020 Lexus models gives our Guests even more peace of mind and another reason to enjoy our truly no-compromise electrified luxury experience.”
With a commitment to performance across the hybrid line up, Lexus offers guests six 2020 hybrid models:
- RX Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 7.9 L / 100 km.
- NX Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 7.5L / 100 km.
- LC Hybrid a combined fuel consumption of 8.1L / 100 km.
- LS Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 9.1L/ 100 km.
- ES Hybrid with a combined fuel consumption of 5.3L / 100 km.
- UX Hybrid releases on October 28, 2019 with a combined fuel consumption of 6.0L/100 km.
This hybrid battery warranty extension to 10 years from date of first use/240,000 km, whichever comes first, is for all model year 2020 Lexus hybrid vehicles. Lexus encourages guests to consult their Lexus Warranty and Services Guide for more information on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that accompanies each vehicle.
This warranty covers repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of the components listed here and supplied by Lexus, subject to the exceptions indicated under “What Is Not Covered.” The Lexus Hybrid System Warranty coverage is eight years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, for the following components:
- Hybrid Battery Control Module (battery voltage sensor)
- Hybrid Control Module (power management control module)
- Inverter with Converter