(TORONTO, ON – October 15, 2014) The 2015 Lexus GS is the grand touring sedan, as only Lexus could envision it – powerful and precise in looks and in performance. Available as an all-wheel-drive gasoline model or as a high-performance hybrid-powered rear wheel drive model, the GS delivers a driving experience that ignites the senses.
“Canadians will revel in the advanced features, ground-breaking technologies and premium materials that are at the core of every GS we offer,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director of Lexus Canada. “What’s more, when they grasp the wheel, they will quickly realize they are in control of one of the most advanced powertrains in the class. Comfort, luxury and performance – this is what grand touring is all about, and the promise that GS delivers.”
For the GS series, Lexus designers created a body that expresses a progressive fusion of emotive style and engineering functionality. The athletically-sculpted lines and low centre of gravity reflect elegance and power while commanding attention.
Inside, the GS wraps driver and up to four passengers in a realm that is both generous and welcoming. Warm ambient lighting reveals wood trim and soft touch materials that set a relaxing tone, while the senses are engaged by premium details such as the handcrafted contrast stitching and a classic analogue clock with a housing machined from a single bar of aluminum.
The dashboard is driver-focused and adheres to the Lexus design philosophy of distinct “display” and “operation” zones. Gauges are positioned directly within the driver’s field of view, while controls are intuitively within reach. The heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel features integrated audio controls and paddle shifters for ease of operation. The Lexus Remote Touch Interface makes it easy to adjust entertainment settings or access the navigation system on the 12.3” LCD display. And ergonomic, power-adjustable seats are heated and ventilated for driver and front passenger comfort.
The GS series is available with a choice of two power trains:
- The GS 350 AWD features a powerful yet efficient 3.5L V6 that generates up to 306 horsepower for quick acceleration and plenty of performance. This is mated to a six-speed sequential shift-mode automatic with paddle shifters for agile performance and impressive efficiency. The advanced all-wheel-drive system features front, rear and centre differentials to distribute power to the wheels at 30% front / 70% rear. When wheel slip occurs, the traction control system automatically adjusts power, sending up to 50% to the front wheels. The result is a lightweight AWD system that delivers high levels of stability and drivability.
- The GS 450h features the advanced and proven Lexus Hybrid Drive. Built around a 3.5L Atkinson cycle V6, a high-torque electric motor, a high-power storage battery and a sophisticated power management system, this Lexus Hybrid Drive delivers 338 Net horsepower. Mated to a continuously variable transmission, the system offers smooth, advanced and rapid acceleration, plus impressive fuel efficiency and emissions performance.
Choose a mode to suit the moment. The Drive Mode Select system (ECO-Normal-Sport-Snow on the GS 350 AWD / EV-ECO-Normal-Sport-Snow on the GS 450h) modifies vehicle performance from optimum efficiency to maximum exhilaration. Models equipped with available F SPORT packages add SPORT S and S+ modes for even more driving excitement. And the instrument cluster changes colour to reflect the mood – from blue (EV and ECO) to red (Sport).
The GS is synonymous with inspired handling, achieved through precise responses to inputs and engaging driver dynamics. Advanced engineering in the chassis, rigid body architecture, double wishbone front suspension and multi-link rear suspension combine to deliver crisp, confident, tactile handling that’s rewarding to experience.
Behind the scenes, a sophisticated and powerful Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management system seamlessly co-ordinates an array of handling and traction control systems. The result is an automobile capable of anticipating situations such as a loss of traction, and of taking proactive measures to maximize stability.
Handling is further enhanced with the Adaptive Variable Suspension system – standard on the GS 450h and included in all available upgrade packages for the GS 350 AWD – which absorbs vibration and aids in acceleration, hard braking and cornering maneuvers.
The GS Series is available in two models:
2015 Lexus GS 350 AWD (Starting MSRP: $57,850)
This model is generously equipped with performance and luxury features, including: a 12-speaker Lexus Premium Audio system with USB input, Bluetooth capability, XM Satellite Radio and the SIRI Eyes-Free system; dual-zone automatic climate control; leather-clad seats; heated and ventilated, 10-way power adjustable front seats with a driver’s seat memory system; power door locks with keyless entry; a back-up camera; a navigation system with 12.3” display; the Lexus Remote Touch Interface; power windows with automatic up/down function on all windows; woodgrain trim; aluminum scuff plates; heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel; plenty of in-cabin storage; LED illumination system including LED map lamps and rear seat reading lamps; cruise control; an integrated garage door opener; power rear window sunshade; anti-theft system; 18” aluminum alloy wheels; heated exterior mirrors with integrated puddle lamps; a power moon roof; rain sensing wipers; the Lexus Adaptive Front Lighting System and Automatic Headlamp System; LED tail lamps and high-mount brake lamp; LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps; LED fog lamps; and more.
The GS 350 AWD may be further enhanced with a choice of four available options packages:
- The Luxury Package adds: Woodgrain steering wheel; adaptive variable suspension; high-gloss wheel rims; rear seat climate controls; the Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems; front passenger seat memory system; heated rear seats; premium leather seating; 18-way power adjustable front seats with butterfly headrests; sunshades on rear doors; clearance and back-up sensors; easy close trunk; and more.
- The Executive Package builds on the Luxury Package, adding: a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio system; the Lexus Pre-Collision and Driver Monitoring systems; dynamic radar cruise control; power folding exterior mirrors; head-up display instrumentation; and more.
- The F SPORT Series 1 package adds: Drive Mode Select with S+ Mode; 3-spoke F SPORT steering wheel; adaptive variable suspension; 19” aluminum alloy F SPORT wheels; 16-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 10-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat; F SPORT leather seating; F SPORT front grille, rear spoiler, scuff plates and shift knob; metallic dash accents; aluminum sport pedals with rubber inserts; easy close trunk; and more.
- The F SPORT Series 2 package builds on the F SPORT Series 1 package, adding: a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio system; the Lexus Pre-Collision and Driver Monitoring systems; dynamic radar cruise control; power folding exterior mirrors; head-up display instrumentation; and more.
2015 Lexus GS 450h (Starting MSRP: $76,050)
This model is generously equipped with performance and luxury features, including: a 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Audio system with USB input, Bluetooth capability, XM Satellite Radio and the SIRI Eyes-Free system; dual-zone automatic climate control with front auto climate control; premium leather-clad seats; 18-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 10-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat, both with seat memory systems; heated and ventilated front seats; heated rear seats; head-up display; back-up camera; navigation system with 12.3” monitor and Lexus Remote Touch Interface; the Lexus Nightview System; power windows with automatic up/down function on all windows; heated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel; leather-wrapped shift knob; woodgrain trim; plenty of in-cabin storage; premium illumination system including LED map lamps and rear seat reading lamps; dynamic radar cruise control; power rear window sunshade and rear door sunshades; clearance and back-up sensors; the Lexus Pre-Collision and Driver Monitoring systems; Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert; anti-theft system; integrated garage door opener; heated exterior mirrors with integrated puddle lamps; a power moon roof; auto-levelling LED headlamps; LED tail lamps and high-mount brake lamp; LED daytime running lights and clearance lamps; LED fog lamps; and more.
The 2015 Lexus GS series is now on sale at Lexus Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.lexus.ca/gs.
About Lexus Canada
Lexus Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Lexus luxury cars and sport utility vehicles through a sales and service network of 38 dealerships across Canada. With 15 Lexus models on the road today, five of them being hybrids, Lexus has the largest luxury hybrid lineup; allowing guests a choice in a large range of luxury vehicle segments. In the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), Lexus was the highest ranking nameplate in the industry.